12 75.00%
  • Still Undecided

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Leave

I have been thinking long and hard about this like everyone else. There are many positives to the EU and loads of negatives, but my main issues are:

Inability to control our own borders, don't get me wrong many of the immigrants have been beneficial to the country, but we should be able to boot folk out that break the law. We are tiny overcrowded country whose population has gone up over the last twenty years from 56 million to almost 65 million, where are they going to live? Or should we build everywhere?

My other main criticism, is the bureaucracy all works very slowly, its a cash cow that sucks in as much money as it is given, there is no governance or even consideration of where the money came from or whether it should be spent prudently. And what is all that about once a month upping sticks and moving to Strasbourg? What a waste of money.

The trouble is its un-reformable from the British perspective because we will always be outvoted by those countries that benefit.

It's easy to be a great European if you receive money and don't contribute.

Nuff said!

Patrick
    Worcs

2. Likes Gazer, notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Since i can chime in, i will..

Im on the fence as well... but in all honesty i will probably go on the stay front. Specifically since Cameron and the rest of the "No to Scottish independence" made a big ass deal about us not getting into the EU and all the things that we would loose out on as an independent country... Which was proven to be bollocks then and now even with all the impartial reports that were done

Now, since he's forced the in/out referendum vote... I smell a big ass pile of s***e.. Please stay everyone... its not that bad..... Oh but wait.. 2 years ago.. YOU NEED THE EU!! You cant survive without it...

Just my 2 pence..

neebong

4. Likes happyfeet, notanotherone, Gazer liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Also... And this is never going to happen... See if everyone just told the truth.. It would make it a lot easier for everyone to decide.

for example.. the leave team say £350m a week to be in the EU.. but no-one on that side states the rebate that we get on other stuff.. (and also what all of this money in/out does)

and on the other side the stay team say EU immigrants pay more in than they take out.. and the leave team say that Public services jobs are at risk because of that...

I do note (since i work for the media) that sometime last year that the NHS paid more money out to get Locum doctors from the EU since they had to since they diddnt have any home-grown doctors/nurses to fill the gap... Now dont count me an arse, why dont we just work out everything to do with Junior Doctors, Dentists, GP's here.. instead of paying millions out to get them from other places?

6. Likes happyfeet, notanotherone, Gazer liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I know there are problems with the EU but can anyone properly explain what our plan is if we leave.

We have all been on a night out with that friend who when your in a club says "it's **** here"let's go somewhere else.Then when you leave you realise he has no idea where to go and the place you left won't let you back in.Without a decent follow up plan a leave vote could see the UK standing in a kebab shop arguing about whose fault it is.

8. Thanks happyfeet thanked for this post
    Likes Grisu liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by billy149uk Hidden Content
    I know there are problems with the EU but can anyone properly explain what our plan is if we leave.

We have all been on a night out with that friend who when your in a club says "it's **** here"let's go somewhere else.Then when you leave you realise he has no idea where to go and the place you left won't let you back in.Without a decent follow up plan a leave vote could see the UK standing in a kebab shop arguing about whose fault it is.
    my 'friend' doesn't take 350million form me each week...

We seemed to be ok when we wernt in it in 1970's

and last but not least, Millions died in 2 world wars to keep us from 'joining' europe, now we have the chance to leave it.... we should take that chance!
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

10. Likes Gazer, notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Out for me...
    Thought you may have done this on the Current Poll bit too.

12. Likes notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by didsss Hidden Content
    Out for me...
    Thought you may have done this on the Current Poll bit too.
    Don't think we would of got the reply's back as we have with a poll ......but one as now been added Hidden Content

Anyway 20 Days left to go ....and its looking like its going to be Out for me hearing all the crap that as been flying around over the last couple of weeks from both sides.
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

14. Thanks didsss thanked for this post
    Likes notanotherone, didsss liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by notanotherone Hidden Content
    leave
    You lot should have left the UK nevermind the EU ;-)
    This Thread will help you understand the way this forum works Hidden Content
    This link will tell you all you need to know Hidden Content
    And if your still stuck use this link The following will answer all your questions Hidden Content

16. Likes notanotherone, didsss, Gazer liked this post
    Wod's April quiz winner happyfeet's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by alanjg007 Hidden Content
    Millions died in 2 world wars to keep us from 'joining' europe, now we have the chance to leave it.... we should take that chance!

It's bollox like this that push floating voters to the 'in' camp.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Well there is 15 days left to go.

You would of seen Nigel Farage and David Cameron on ITV in a televised debate last night

Your thoughts on that ?

I think David Cameron was the loser last night out of the 2 of them ....... I would of liked to of seen them both on there at the same time last night or Boris Johnson Vs David Cameron, but can't see that happening.
    Hidden Content
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

19. Likes notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I've changed my mind more often than ordering a pint at a craft beer festival... but on balance i think stay. The EU is a messy organisation, that i'm far from happy with. The figure of 345m will be put into the NHS? ...well that just isn't true is it? charge me £50 a week less for gas and electricity and i won't just pay £50 a week for health insurance (probably just buy more craft beer). i have read that a 1% increase in economic growth would cover that anyway( the NHS not my beer!)?
    Bottom line, without going through all the details of yes v no ( which will always be an estimation anyway, we just don't know 'till it happens), the way forward seems to be to stay in and gradually improve the aspects that we are not happy about. within the EU we can campaign for improvement. It won't ever be perfect but at least we'll be in a position to help improve our and our geographical neighbours existence (that matters to us for selfish reasons, not as a kindness). As for the imperfections being a reason to leave....when was the last perfect British Government in power?

.........erm...i think that's how i'll vote.....

P.S. The biggest risk is to vote out simply to feel powerful and try to upset other EU members for fun. that would be a very (facebook type) silly.

21. Thanks Gazer, happyfeet thanked for this post
    Likes didsss, happyfeet liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Should we stay or should we go ....well which ever way we go, it will end up costing us more money in Tax, Fuel, Food and Energy, We can't win

Because we live in Ripoff Britain and Ripoff EU
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

23. Likes billy149uk liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    The only two messages coming out just now is...stay..... cos were better with the devil we know...or.... leave..... and stand on you`re own two feet... so.......... stand up and be counted.....or... get somebody else to do it for you.....I`M STILL OUT...Hidden Content
    .................................................. .................................................. .
    LIFE`S A BITCH .......... THEN YOU DIE !!

NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY.... NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

25. Thanks Gazer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    They say were safer in numbers... but im leaving. it was a difficult decision to make but i have decided were better off out and for that reason alonooone am oot!

27. Thanks Gazer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Thumbs up leave

i will vote to leave Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Its well worth voting leave just to get that tit Farage off the telly

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by didsss Hidden Content
    Its well worth voting leave just to get that tit Farage off the telly
    That's one way of looking at it Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Happy voting folks...if you don't use then don't whinge...!

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Yep today is the day ....we wait and see the out come Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I voted IN,but good luck either way you voted,btw this was me this morning hahahaha....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast