12 75.00%
  • Still Undecided

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

The UK's EU referendum Stay or Leave

We've heard of all the Pros and Cons of leaving the EU and all the Pros and Cons of staying in the EU

You got David Cameron telling us to stay in and you got (Blondie) Boris Johnson telling us to leave....you got Nigel Farage saying Britain could strike an agreement with the EU.

We only have about 30 days until the EU referendum on June 23, and the mixed messages are already coming in thick and fast, for me I still not 100% which way to go, but I do know that we should not let the EU tell us how to run our own county....and we gave the EU £13bn last year (WHY) what do we get back for that ?

So what are your thoughts on this..... Stay or Leave

Gazer.
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

2. Likes notanotherone liked this post
    Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    leave
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats
    I honestly haven't a clue which way to vote for the best.1 persons telling you this and another's telling you that.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    i will vote to leave

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Leave, 13billion would be better spent in our nhs

But i think we'll have to leave the eurovision song contest..... a real shame that.....
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

7. Likes Gazer, notanotherone liked this post
    Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    On the fence. ive changed my mind so much i forgot what is happening Hidden Content .

9. Likes Spinifex liked this post
    Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by alanjg007 Hidden Content

But i think we'll have to leave the eurovision song contest..... a real shame that.....
    dont know why we should i mean australia are in it Hidden Content Hidden Content
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Leave but don't ask me why cos I don't know and haven't read/listened to a lot of it, but most people I've heard mention about it is saying leave so unless I get around to being really interested and start reading and listening then it's leave.
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

12. Likes notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by notanotherone Hidden Content
    dont know why we should i mean australia are in it Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Not sure on the rules but maybe they are in a common-wealth with us? I take it you enjoy watching the political song contest every year?
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Well there is 29 Days to go ......
    Hidden Content
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gazer Hidden Content
    Well there is 29 Days to go ......
    Will you have made a decision by that time ? oh and I'll not even be here if it's in 29 days time cos I'm going back to Tenerife in 20 days Hidden Content

Hidden Content

16. Likes Gazer, notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Well its said that the old and young generations can't agree on the EU

There is a huge gulf among young and older voters over the European issue - with seven in 10 young voters backing the European Union.

73 per cent of those aged between 18-29 want to remain in the EU, while 63 per cent of those aged over 60 want to leave.

The middle-aged population are divided almost evenly on the issue. As older voters are more likely to vote, this could be good news for the "leave" campaign.

I think I could be one of the young one's Hidden Content that will want to leave the way it's going at the moment.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

18. Likes berley, notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    aye your definition of young deffo falls into the 63% of those aged 60 and over Hidden Content

Hidden Content

20. Likes notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    OUT.......................... Europe will be a disaster in 10 years from now... as each government will be fighting for themselves and not Europe ????
    .................................................. .................................................. .
    LIFE`S A BITCH .......... THEN YOU DIE !!

NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY.... NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

22. Likes notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Gazer is online now Big Bad Boss Gazer's Avatar Join Date May 20

Well here goes, you asked us how we felt about joining the EU.
    I was one of the young people that voted to join back in the 70s and now know we were lied too by the government in power at that time, what I and many other people voted for and promised was that we would be in a single market only. They was no mention of our country being taken over by the EU in years to come. The young people of today don't know any different as they have never seen what things were like before we joined the EU, every one that wanted to work had a permanent job and felt secure. If you vote to stop in you will be a slave to the EU working zero hour contracts, long hours, and with no permanent job doing agency work. Although we wasn't rich before we joined the EU back in the 70s but we had a better standard of living our wives didn't have to go out to work as they could stop at home as homemakers. The same thing is happening again now lies and promises are being told, our rights, laws and sovereignty are slowly being eroded and things will get worse, our government doesn't seem to be able to control immigration so jobs will go to the immigrants that live 5 to 10 in one house paying low rent, working for less pushing up house prices for many English couples and families. The 27 eu countries that are already members don't seem to be able agree or make decisions some are very near bankruptcy and enormous amounts of money are being invested trying to stabilise these countries. Waiting on the side lines are another 5 poor countries with over 50 million people waiting to come into the EU, so think about our country's future. If we stop in the EU they will treat the UK like pariahs, and think they can do whatever they want to us so when you vote don't just think about what the EU can do for you but how it will affect everyone, your children, grandchildren and future generations. I will be voting NO, that's get out while we can as they will be no going back. We can do away with VAT and save £350 million thats got to be good.

24. Likes notanotherone, Gazer liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    leave, get back control, it is said most migrants contribute but as most migrants take the lower paid jobs then they pay little or no tax.
    also if the government believes all they say then they should be investing more in services to keep up with demand, and again I go back to the ascertain that migrants contribute, if that were completely true then the government keeping up enough money to grow services to match demand would not be a problem!
    sorry for the rant.

26. Likes notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    should I stay or should I go ...?

the older ones should not vote as they won't be effected by the result any more, to leave will last about 10 years and changes won't be seeable before an not at all for them.
    it's a decision only for future generations, so its up on them to say what they want to!
    Last edited by Grisu; 27-05-2016 at 04:59 PM.

28. Likes happyfeet liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I'm a definite outer, not Brexit but Brescape. I've seen too many directorates from Brussels and too much cash spent on them. Just an example, The Canaries have some of the best Roads in Europe all paid for by the EU, yet if you try to bring back Booze or Fags from there, UK Customs tell you that the Canaries are not in the EU.

We keep hearing doom and gloom stories about how economic things could be worse with Brescape, but that means they could also be better. We used to be almost self-sufficient but now rely on imports, it could result is us producing more at home which would be good IMO.

We hear that we need to be in the EU for security to deal with intelligence agencies. The best Agencies are in the USA, Israel, Russia and South Africa, not the EU and they all share with the EU, as would we from the outside. Tell the people of Paris and Brussels how safe from terrorism it will be inside the EU

We hear that it would be impossible for Brits to live and work abroad outside the EU, well, tell that to my relatives that live and work in Australia.

Now the biggie, we hear the EU wouldn't trade with us or impose huge tarifs. Do you really think the German car industry would allow Fuhrer Merkell to restrict the sale of their cars? What would the French workers do if the French government didn't do everything possible to sell goods in the UK and safeguard their jobs.

It may be unknown exactly what will happen with Brescape, but noone can say what will happen even if we stay

30. Likes notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    ESC started in 1956 long before EU was thought and has nothing to do with it, please stay objectively in your opinions.

greatest problem is that UK never felt as part of EU and only joined to get control (from inside), not to love it in larger context, best seen in not using € what is a great benefit for residents of most other countries.

possibly even an advantage for EU if the biggest opponent has left and things could be changed easier - maybe to better or worse, who will ever know?

32. Likes happyfeet, notanotherone liked this post
    Wod's April quiz winner happyfeet's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Eurovision has got sweet fa to do with the EU. We've been competing in that gayfest since the 1950s .

On a more serious note, I think I agree with a previous poster who suggested that only young people should be allowed to vote. They're the ones that'll have to deal with the mess we're going to be left in if all the auld turkeys vote for Christmas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast