Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks
    Chats

X Factor is a fix

Olly Murs faces backlash on social media as fans accuse the X Factor of being a FIX following the presenter's Monica Michael elimination gaffe

He's a veteran when it comes to performing on stage as a chart-topping singer.

But on Sunday night Olly Murs showed that he still has a bit to learn when it comes to presenting live on TV, as he made a gaffe during the X Factor's latest elimination round.

Mistakenly declaring that Monica Michael was going home before her fate at the hands of the public vote was revealed, the 31-year-old was forced to stand sheepishly on stage as his prediction came true.

Olly - who shot to fame on the show in 2009 - was left red-face live after he mistakenly told Monica that she'd be going straight home, after he miscounted the four judges' deciding votes.

Taking to Twitter straight away after the show finished, Olly wrote: 'I apologise to everyone tonight I made a massive f*** up at the end. It was so tense!! I'm still learning & hope that never happens again [sic]!'

And although plenty of the star's 6.67million followers forgave him, the Essex-born singer faced a massive backlash from the public; with some even declaring his faux-pas proof that the X Factor is supposedly fixed.

With one fan declared in outrage that his mistake proved the show 'is fixed', others were quick to poke fun at the Dear Darlin' singer's blunder.

One fan, using the handle @NathanJain98, wrote: 'Tune into ITV2 now where Olly Murs will be revealing who is leaving next week on the #XFactor.'

Meanwhile others were quick to joke that the show's boss, Simon Cowell, would be giving Olly the boot after his blunder, with one writing: 'Olly Murs just lost his career on live TV.'

The gaffe came just weeks after Olly and his co-presenter Caroline Flack faced criticism for their 'awkward' performances as the show's new hosts.

And following his latest blunder, which effectively ruined the show's dramatic double elimination, fans of the X Factor's previous host, Dermot O'Leary, vented their frustration.

One fan wrote: 'Olly Murs will be handing the mic back to Dermot O'Leary next week then [sic].'

The presenter - who was promoted to the position of co-host for series 12 of the show - envoked the ire and displeasure of the show's millions of fans when he appeared to prematurely reveal the results of the public vote.

Having found themselves in the bottom two following Max Stone's swift exit from the competition, an emotional Anton Stephans and Monica were pitched against each other in the sing-off.

While Monica performed a rousing and fiery rendition of Beyonce's Broken Hearted Girl, Anton chose to showcase his vocal abilities with Simply Red's If You Don't Know Me By Now.

Clearly making the choice of who to send home difficult, Nick Grimshaw was the first judge to choose, and based his decision purely on the sing-off.

Choosing to save Anton, he said: 'Anton did perform better, so I have to send Monica home.'

Meanwhile Rita made the decision to save her own act, explaining that she was 'confused' as to why Monica was even needing to fight for her survival.

And obviously sharing Rita's sentiments, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini chose to back Monica, saying: 'I have so much history with her, so I?m sticking with Monica.'

But clearly not at all happy with the prospect of losing two acts in one night, Simon opted to go to deadlock by saving Anton.

And it was at this point that Olly made tensions rise even further by mistakenly telling Monica that she had been axed, as he appeared to have become confused over the judges' voting.

Apologising profusely as his co-host Caroline corrected him, the former X Factor runner-up and chart-topper couldn't hide his obvious embarrassment at such a monumental gaffe.

Lurking to one side as Anton and Monica awaited the decision of the public, Olly looked sheepish as he awkwardly crossed his hands and stood still pulling a face as his prediction was read out by Caroline.

On Monday morning, it was revealed on his Twitter page that a screening of his new DVD - entitled Never Been Better - was cancelled at the last minute due to 'unforseen circumstances'.

Posted on Olly's Twitter read the message: 'Due to unforseen circumstances we are going to have to cancel tonight's DVD screening. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. OllyHQ.'
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

2. Likes Cable liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Never... I would rather watch paint drying Gazzer m8...Hidden Content
    .................................................. .................................................. .
    LIFE`S A BITCH .......... THEN YOU DIE !!

NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY.... NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Likes Cable liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by wullboy Hidden Content
    Never... I would rather watch paint drying Gazzer m8...Hidden Content
    I only watch it as the Mrs was sat next to me Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    oi wullboy there's nothing wrong with X Factor Hidden Content

btw Olly Murs looked well and truly embarrassed by it all Hidden Content
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Post Thanks
    Chats
    btw Olly Murs looked well and truly embarrassed by it all Hidden Content [/QUOTE]

WHO ??? Hidden Content
    .................................................. .................................................. .
    LIFE`S A BITCH .......... THEN YOU DIE !!

NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY.... NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

8. Likes notanotherone, Cable liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Stop pretending you don't know who he is cos you had his music blaring from your car last time you came over here Hidden Content
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

10. Likes wullboy liked this post