Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Openbox v8s - Scrambled channels not clearing

Hey guys!

I know... it's been a while Hidden Content ... missed you all too!

Anyway, got an Openbox for a friend and am setting it up for him. Seems to be all set up (i.e. image sorted, cccam.cfg sorted, TP_PROG.dbs sorted, epg downloaded, ethernet working fine, weather app downloads data about named cities fine to prove internet is accessible...), but... the channels just aren't unscrambling.

When I use the same cs lines on my other box, they work perfectly fine and all non-HD channels work.

Googling around seems to throw up suggestions on the no-signal diode fix... but, it seems that's only valid if some channels show up as no signal.

Bear in mind
    • My cs lines are multiroom enabled and will work on up to 4 boxes on the same IP
    • All scrambled channels show up as "No Signal"... only FTA channels work

So, what could be the problem? Any ideas? Should I grab myself one of these no-signal-fix diode connectors?
    Best regards,
    pande_monium

Respected Pro Tipster gazza2008's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    check the network menu on the box make sure its on ethernet ( i had one that was set to wifi I didnt know what was wrong with it that was my last resort)

cheers

Gaz
    For all my horse racing tips see below
    Hidden Content

3. Likes notanotherone, Gazer, pande_monium liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Cheers Gazza,

Tried both ethernet & wifi... both show up as connected and get an ip address correctly within my domain. Checking the weather channel also indicates the internet is working. The CS lines show up as "online" in the cccmd config in the network section (Network > 6666).

And as I said in the first post, the CS lines work on my vu+ duo perfectly. Just don't seem to work on the bloody V8S for some reason. This is the most bizzare box I've worked on so far! Frustrating and annoying. Perhaps more frustrating is my inability to put my finger on what the problem is!

Anyhow, thanks for the pointer... anything else you reckon, that could be the problem?

Gazer - thanks for the heads up... Hidden Content ... you sir, are a gentleman and an officer!
    Best regards,
    pande_monium

5. Thanks Gazer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Only other thing I would say is a factory reset and try again with another image......if that don't work........... last on your list: The no-signal-fix diode connectors

Hope you sort it mate.

Regards
    Gazer
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

7. Thanks pande_monium thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

v8

did you make sure when you where adding your cline you pressed the activate button so that it puts a little tick sign next to your line

9. Thanks pande_monium thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Got some time today and tried it on another TV (nearly after a week or so), and even the FTA have "no signal"! Bloody hell...!

Yep... cline's active. Network is active/working.

Does anyone have a working image that I can request at all? Or screenshots (or values) of settings?
    Best regards,
    pande_monium

Respected Pro Tipster gazza2008's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hello Mate

Is it defo a V8s I can get firmware for a V8 not V8s I dont want to send you V8 just incase it bricks it. If you can get the guy yo take it back to his supplier and get a F5S I can help with that no problem
    For all my horse racing tips see below
    Hidden Content

12. Thanks pande_monium thanked for this post
    Likes Gazer, pande_monium liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hi gazza,

Thank you for the reply. My box is indeed an Openbox V8s. From what I see on skybox.cc, the image is the same for V6 and V8... they don't even have a distinction between the V8 in as V8/V8S/V8SE. So, I would assume your image would possibly work on my box too. But, please make sure you take the cccam.cfg file off prior to taking the backup.

I've had a long conversation with the seller on Amazon - at the end of which, he finally refunded me the money for the box. I'm not out of pocket to be honest, but, I'm convinced the box crashed when the power supply went kaput, and, I think the tuner has conked off too. Perhaps both went at the same time... I simply do not know. It is this lack of an answer that is annoying me.

So far, I've tried all possible firmwares and channels lists - cwaites, AJ's list, skybox, eopenbox (eopenbox being the best)... et all. Nothing! The box just does not get any signal at all... a single satellite/multiple satellite search yields nothing at all either.

I've even tried the No Signal fix and swapped the LNB... neither worked. The "no signal" is on EVERY channel - even FTA channels.
    The same feed & CLine work on my friend's VU+ duo box though... they just doesn't work on the V8S...!

I don't know what the satellite transponder/etc settings should be... but I assume these get reset to what's on the image and if they work for others, it should work for me too. The signal bar shows at 36% strength and SNR shows 10% strength. I don't really know what these should be, and, I can't recall what these were when the box did work. If you could send me screenshots of the settings, that would be great too...

Personally, I think something's gone wrong with the tuner. Is the tuner conking off a common fault with these boxes?

Once again, thanks for your help so far. Much appreciated.
    Best regards,
    pande_monium