Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: PS4 hacked

Post Thanks
    Chats

PS4 hacked

Russian crackers have reportedly found a way to circumvent Sony's PS4 security, leading to Brazilian merchants offering consumers the opportunity to have their console hacked and 10 games installed onto it for $100 to $150 and $15 for each additional game.

According to GameZone, the process has been verified by Brazilian game website UOL Jogos, whose writers had the crack performed in Sao Paulo. The retailer who did it promised that Sony would be unable to tell that the games they were playing had been pirated. The hack reportedly originated from a Russian website.

Gavin Reid, the vice president of threat intelligence at Lancope, an American company which analyses security and network performance said of the hack: "Vendors in this space face aggressive targeting by communities wishing to remove copy protection. The PS4 will be no different and Sony will continue to play an arms race against groups that benefit from the abilities to copy and share games. This has happened historically with all of the major consoles. It would be highly unlikely not to continue with the PS4."

TK Keanini, chief technology officer at Lancope added: "As a PS4 and Xbox gamer, I would also like to add that the integrity of the game is not only a matter of piracy but a matter of game play. Game developers must develop advanced methods of checking the integrity of the game at runtime as a certain percentage of gamers hack the game so that they can have an unfair advantage in competition."

Sony are sending out cease and desist notices to the shops in Brazil attempting to hack the consoles for consumers. In a statement a Sony spokesperson said: "Not limited to this case, SCE [Sony Computer Entertainment] continually collaborates with organisations from US/Europe/Asia to take preventive actions against unauthorised/malicious copying of PlayStation software in individual regions."

Hidden Content Hidden Content

EDIT: this might not be 100% accurate, yes they have played games but it appears it may use a rasberry pi to emulate the nand
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

2. Thanks foxtail thanked for this post
    Likes foxtail liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Well as some of you allready have noticed there was something on going in the underground of PS4 scene, and yes, i allready posted on Twitter and informed peoples about but just for a few i recognized that my pastie post for the method got deleted meanwhile peoples start to write me pm's on twitter, asking me about that whole stuff and i have to repeat everything for x-times. There for i decided to write a post about it here on psh.it. Before i go on to explain a few things and to Yada Yada about some other stuff i'll post the method first...

This Method seem's to be already Patched and may Perma BLoD (aka. Perma Brick) your PS4 !! Do NOT Trie That on Your Console !! I'm not held for any Damage that may happen to your Console truth this method !!

1. Buy a PSN Game on Master Console and download it

2. Connect Slave Console to PSN, create Account from Master Console, activate Slave Console and download the game

3. Dump the NOR Flash of Slave Console with Tools like Teensy++ or the Pi (let us call that dump from now on ActivatedDMP)

4. Boot Slave Console, Connect to PSN and Deactivate the Con

5. Write the ActivatedDMP back to the NOR of Slave Console

6. Have Profit, the Process can now be repeated on any other PS4 without loosing one of the three official PSN Game Share methods

This is what i got and what i also got confirmed that this is the Trick. Additional i got confirmed that it is allready patched on FW 2.50 and Games where blocked and not playable anymore. And on 2.51 it even can brick your console and she will Perma BLoD then and you won't be able to fix that !! Even not with an previous made original Dump of your PS4's NOR Flash. I for my self have not tested it cause i did not know previous about it and right now have a Perma BLod'd PS4 which got sended back to Sony and i payed them 198

Hidden Content
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru