Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Microsoft to bring Cortana to Android and iOS platform soon

Are you an Android or iOS user who is quite impressed by Cortana after watching the numerous hilarious videos that compare Microsoft?s virtual voice assistant to Google Now and Siri? Well, it looks like you will soon be able to try out Cortana on your smartphone, without actually having to buy a Windows Phone device.

According to a report published today by Reuters, Microsoft is working on a new and more advanced version of Cortana as part of an artificial intelligence project named ?Einstein?. Reuters claims that Microsoft will be rolling out a standalone Cortana app for both the iOS as well as Android platforms, allowing virtually everyone to use Microsoft?s virtual voice assistant.

In an interview with Reuters, Eric Horvitz, managing director of Microsoft Research, mentioned that the company is working on improved contextual understanding, like reading user?s email and understanding it. For example, Cortana could go through your mails and automatically remind you about any meetings or getting specific tasks done.

Microsoft?s new CEO Satya Nadella is making a big push to leveraging the company?s software product lineup as profit drivers for the future. Which is why, it does make sense to get Cortana on rival platforms from Google and Apple. This will not only bring greater exposure to Microsoft but also help create new markets for them.

The project name ?Einstein? is inspired by Albert Einstein?s work on relationship between space and time. Microsoft is hoping that in the near future, they will be able to make Cortana intelligent enough to know the time, location of a user, and how it can help users in doing what they?re doing.

Hidden Content
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

2. Likes thelostone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I would like cortana on my Samsung will keep an eye on this

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)