Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Leonard Nimoy, who played Mr Spock in science fiction series Star Trek, has died.

His final tweet on 23 February said: "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory."

He is survived by his wife, their children Adam and Julie Nimoy, six grandchildren and a great-grandchild.

Nimoy seemed conflicted about the half-alien who made him a household name, publishing two autobiographies, the first in 1977, titled I Am Not Spock, and the second in 1996, I Am Spock.

But he took cameo roles as Spock when director JJ Abrams revived the Star Trek film franchise in 2009 and in a 2013 follow-up movie.

Nimoy, the son of a barber, was also a poet, singer and photographer.

He was born in Boston, Massachusetts, on 26 March 1931 to Ukrainian immigrants who were Orthodox Jews.

Nimoy acted in local productions from a young age and worked as a cinema usher and cab-driver before he found fame.

He also rose to the rank of sergeant while serving in the Army for two years, mainly at Fort McPherson, Georgia.

He was cast as Spock in the Star Trek TV series in the mid-1960s while teaching method acting at his own studio
    That's another one of the original crew to boldly go

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

2. Thanks Reddevil thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    RIP mr spock