Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Sat receiver needed...

I'm thinking of buying a sat receiver, I already have a sat dish installed with twin LNB for normal sly so looking for a receiver to plug in to pick up freesat or maybe more later...

I don't know much about sat receivers, maybe looking for DM800HD clone or VU+ duo, I would prefer twin tuner and PVR built in or option to add harddrive. Can anyone recommend any receiver models and safe sellers please? Hidden Content
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

2. Likes Spinifex liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    This is decent box for the price, has a twin tuner and takes the vu duo image and you can put a hdd in it as well
    it can run tsmedia for streaming movies and itv player for catchup to
    comes with openpli pre-installed and the only thing you have to be careful of, if you decide to flash any other image on is to load clone safe images on that contain the drivers before 12 dec 2014 and dont do any online image updates.
    these are a good seller about 5-10 days delivery
    SHENZHEN L&W TECHNOLOGY
    Code:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Cloud-ibox4-400-MHz-MIPS-Processor-With-DVB-S2-Twin-Tuner-cloudibox-4-Satellite-Receiver/205941_2008652564.html
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

4. Thanks digdug thanked for this post
    Likes DessertDog, digdug, berley, thelostone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Thanks for the suggestion Fergals Hidden Content

I was hoping for a bigger box that will take a 3.5" sata because I got a spare 500gb. Also maybe thinking of getting original instead of clone so after some searching I looked at the VU+ Duo with W150M Wifi bridge from here...

Code:
    Hidden Content it worth paying the extra for original & not clone? Is this box ok? Have you heard of these sellers?

Thanks in advance for any info Hidden Content
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    The seller is very reputable and used to be the forum sponsor.

The seller is very reputable and used to be the forum sponsor.
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

7. Thanks digdug thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by digdug Hidden Content
    Thanks for the suggestion Fergals Hidden Content

I was hoping for a bigger box that will take a 3.5" sata because I got a spare 500gb. Also maybe thinking of getting original instead of clone so after some searching I looked at the VU+ Duo with W150M Wifi bridge from here...

Code:
    Hidden Content it worth paying the extra for original & not clone? Is this box ok? Have you heard of these sellers?

Thanks in advance for any info Hidden Content
    If you dont mind paying the extra then an original is worth getting as they can take any image you wish
    as berley says he used to be our forum sponsor and is a very reputable seller
    contact him through his shop and say we sent you and he might give you a discount but cant promise that.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

9. Thanks digdug thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

are these the best box

Been looking at getting a satbox over the last week or so, is the blade media bm7000 combo decent or should I go with the vu duo which seems to be what everyone's using, I use a bm500 which has been ok but now think I need a upgrade ... cheers

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Well I have a Vu+ Duo and had it for years without any problems .....Good sat receiver
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by big3card Hidden Content
    Been looking at getting a satbox over the last week or so, is the blade media bm7000 combo decent or should I go with the vu duo which seems to be what everyone's using, I use a bm500 which has been ok but now think I need a upgrade ... cheers
    Its all down to your needs m8, but an open source box is best,[ i think the blade medis is not an open source box ?? ] and a twin tuner if you want to record, if not then a good single tuner box, duo boxes come with both twin [ duo ] an single [ solo ] and these are very good boxes, but be aware... dont.... buy a clone, if you go for the duo/solo boxes, as you cannot upgrade them, as fergals has pointed out in an earlier post... cheers ..
    .................................................. .................................................. .
    LIFE`S A BITCH .......... THEN YOU DIE !!

NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY.... NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    @ digdug if you still after a sat box

i got 2x dm600 both original with sat/cable tuners
    also i got a dm800hd clone with sat tuner that i will be selling soon
    secrets of the dbox >>>Hidden Content

if you find the posts are helpfull....click the thanks button....it dont cost anything

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Thanks for the offer but I have already bought an original Duo2 and couldn't be more happier with it

I went for the Duo2 because of the hardware transcoding and built in wi-fi so I can stream HD channels with no problems

It does a lot more than I wanted / expected. It was more than I wanted to pay but I think the difference between the Duo & Duo2 was well worth it for me especially as the Duo2 dropped in price and the Duo didn't. Hopefully it will last for years so don't regret the purchase in the slightest

Hidden Content

15. Thanks Magnu420 thanked for this post