TM500 Super Flashing

Ok guys this one has got me stumped
    sorry for the long winded post but trying to give as much info as possible

I got given the above box last week and all it did was show
    U-Boot 1.1.2 (Tuxbox)
    failed to boot...
    going into debug mode
    [u-boot@TM-9100 boot]$

So I flashed it with about 3 different images and I finally got it to boot up with the following image
    TM-500super-TM600-UR-08-01-2011.img

Anyway yesterday the guy says it was on itv3 and no picture was showing on any channel so he rebooted it and now it just says the same
    U-Boot 1.1.2 (Tuxbox)
    failed to boot...
    going into debug mode
    [u-boot@TM-9100 boot]$

So i get it off him and flashed it with the UR image but no joy, so spent about 3 hours flashing every image I could find and still no joy it just wont go past that screen

The weird thing is after it has flashed it says "hardware version not mine and was expecting one series of numbers and got a different set and maybe you transferred the wrong file" and it also says Error in the lcd, see piccie attached
    but they are the correct images

So I found the TM-500-600-500S boot load-3-1-11

and flashed the TM600_500 Super_uboot file, which it does ok and says done in the lcd but it still wont get passed the failed to boot screen
    tried flashing images after doing this and still the same
    also when I press and hold the up button, power up and choose factory reset and press the right button it just goes blank and does nothing until i reboot it
    then it just goes back to the same failed to boot screen Hidden Content

Anyone shed any light on this as its got me stumped
    Thanks for looking
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats
    i pm you m8

i dont no if this will help you too

ds team can mess up the flash on the box so should never have been loaded in the first place. took me ages to get it out using tm005 and serial interface and null modem cable with a few factory resets along the way before getting tm009 into my flash

tm005 and tm009 are original flashes and only 005 has a noboot image for tm9100 users

so if you have a tm9100 you should try tm005 noboot and flash using the serial input and null modem cable

once its in , factory reset it and then load tm009 in the usual way and factory reset it again too

ur009b2 and ur010b2 can be used in your flash although I think you should wait a few days for tm010 to be released

its an uphill struggle to get dsteam v3.4 out of the flash but can be done with the right tools and patience

you need to use a null modem cable and tcc6 and serial update it with 005 noboot image and factory reset afterwards just to be sure

you can put whatever 9100 image you like in a tm9100 m8 , but all the 3rd party images are beta and all have problems and may not work properly

I have always advised using tm009 in the flash and images in iboot

anyone using a non-official 3rd party image in the flash is asking for trouble and the best one to use at the moment is ur010beta2 , at least until tm010 is released

there is no way I would be putting dsteam v3.4 back in my flash after the last time and it isnt just me who has had a problem with it

you hold the front button in on a switch-on boot to access the factory menu for serial loading and resets etc

the serial upload will take ages unless you select 115,200 as the connection speed on your com port

and if you read my answer again you will see I said to factory reset after loading tm005 , not at the end of all the uploads

so its tm005 and factory reset , then tm009 and again factory reset

and as stated get a cheap mmc card and use it for images and you wont damage the box

better to fail on an sd card costing around a fiver than a box costing 20 times more

i hope it help

echelon..

3. Thanks fergalsworld thanked for this post