Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Western Digital remote access outage reaches day six

If like me you have a WD My Cloud EX1, EX2, and EX4 or a WD Myworld Book Live, you would have notice that the remote access as not Been working now for 6 days......

The remote access for the devices is routed through the company's WD2Go service, providing an added layer of encryption, and it seems that this is where the problem lies with there servers.......This is another thing I never knew about, when buying this unit I thought it all worked from my own internet and network and not relying on the manufacturer's servers to continue operating this unit which was not said anywere Hidden Content

The first report of problems was an announcement on the WD Community forum last week from WD Community Manager Bill-s

Which read: "NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections to devices are slow or unavailable. WD is actively investigating this issue and is hoping to have the problem resolved soon."

And then again last sunday by another WD Community Manager Nik 71

Which Read : Our My Cloud and My Book Live users are experiencing intermittent issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products. These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

FRUSTRATED Buyers of the Western Digital's (WD) personal cloud services have vented their frustration on the WD forums to which there is a post by one of there members which sent a email to WD and had a reply after a week

Which Reads:

OK, so I have a partial answer. I very much appreciated the call, so thank you WD.

SOME people are apparently back up and running, but some aren't (yep, could have said that). It is likely to be at least a few more days, but they are working 24/7 on it. It sounds as though "service" whatever that means, is being restored piece by piece so some may get it back before others.

It has been agreed that I will stick with them until Friday, but if I do not have service back before Friday then they will refund me.

Edit: I should clarify, that I have the receipt and only bought it in October, and am from the UK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of Today we are still without remote access....so still no way of me adding any files to it from work...............

Regards Gazer
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

2. Thanks thelostone thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Well a update from WD and all looks fine again

announcement from WD Community Manager Bill-s

We have made significant progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers. We are in the process of validating connections for our entire user base. We recommend that if you are still experiencing connectivity issues to restart your My Book Live or My Cloud device. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

4. Likes thelostone liked this post