Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Will iPhone fans care if Apple increases the price?

One can not rely on analysts? predictions. They may hit the mark sometimes, but often they?re just grasping at straws. A new prediction suggests that Apple is going to increase the iPhone 6′s subsidized price, but according to the analyst, iPhone fans won?t care.

It goes without saying that the iPhone has a significant fan base. The day a new iPhone is released, people line up for hours outside Apple retail stores just so they can buy it. In fact, people start lining up days before the actual release so that they have a better chance of heading in the store early when the day finally comes. Now the world looks towards Apple to shake up the iPhone this year, but is it possible that apart from bumping up the display, Apple may bump up the price as well?

Recent rumors suggest that two iPhones will be launched this year as well. 4.7 inches and 5.7 inches are the rumored sizes that have been agreed upon. The analyst doesn?t clarify which particular model he?s talking about. Pacific Crest analyst Andy Hargreaves claims that Apple is going to increase $100 on the iPhone 6′s subsidized price. The base model currently goes for $199.99 with a two year service contract on major U.S. carriers, iPhone models are only differentiated on amount of storage. This means that each model would get a $100 increase. If the 16GB iPhone 6 is sold for $299.99, this would mean the 32GB iPhone 6 will come with a $399.99 price tag.

Hargreaves assumes that this won?t have a significant effect on sales. He holds the view that iPhone customers don?t really care about the price, implying that for them its much more important to own an iPhone than care how much it sets them back. There are plenty of smartphones in the market that start for $299.99 subsidized, so its not like Apple is going to venture into uncharted territory.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hmmm well i'v had every iphone that as come out upto last years iphone 5s ...when I thought to myself is it worth it.....At that point I said NO

And I think it might end up being that way this year for me....I was a big Apple fan and still am a fan ...but to be honest there are far better phones out there now.

Apple are no way as good as they were a few years ago....could that be down too them not having much experienced people left in there top brass anymore ? who knows..... I bet Steve Jobs is turning in his grave.
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

3. Likes alanjg007 liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    there will always be people who will pay more money for a brand even tho there are better versions out there iphones are good but not that good I think what they have going for them is the os it easy to use and very fluid

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

5. Likes alanjg007 liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    its like most things. apple creates ground breaking equipment then other companies catchup and over take that company technology-wise. Then, instead of lowering the price to entice customers to buy they ramp up the bottom line so that they're end of years figures are better.

Im probably apple-ist and say that most iphone users have blinkers on where apple is concerned, so they will continue to pay.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Companies like Samsung have caught up with Apple in many respects and Apple probably can't go TOO far with their pricing or they'll actually start to cripple themselves as people will jump ship if a better phone is available for less. Yes, iOS is a great phone operating system and the Apple app infrastructure is pretty good but Android is getting better too and not everyone wants to pay an excessive amount for an Apple phone if other good electronics companies are producing phones with more power for less.

Companies like Samsung and Sony aren't minnows by any stretch of the imagination and Apple need to watch that they don't use their branding as the only justification for picking an iPhone over the competition.