Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Mikaeel Kular: Boy's mother arrested and charged over death

The mother of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular has been charged in connection with the death of her son after his body was found in Fife.

Rosdeep Kular, 33, was detained on Friday night and arrested and charged on Saturday. She is due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Monday.

Mikaeel was reported missing from his Edinburgh home on Wednesday evening, prompting a major search.

Hundreds of people attended a memorial service for him on Saturday evening.

Assistant Chief Constable Malcolm Graham, of Police Scotland, told a briefing outside police headquarters in Edinburgh on Saturday evening that the investigation into the disappearance of Mikaeel had continued "at pace".

"Following formal identification, I can now confirm that a 33-year-old woman has been arrested and charged in connection with Mikaeel's death," he said.

"The woman is expected to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Monday."

He said police had received more than 500 calls to a dedicated phone line in relation to Mikaeel's disappearance.

ACC Graham thanked rescue teams and the public for their help in searching for him.

"I would like to again recognise the overwhelming public assistance that Police Scotland have received during the course of this very complex investigation. This includes his family and friends, with whom our thoughts remain," he said.

The officer said inquiries were continuing, led by the force's major investigation team.

"I ask that anybody who has any information that they feel would assist the investigation contacts the police," he added.
    House searched

Mikaeel's body was earlier removed from woodland behind a property in Dunvegan Avenue, Kirkcaldy, and taken away by ambulance.

A house in the road was searched, along with an area of woodland to the rear and side of the property.

Forensic teams are expected to continue their search around the property for a couple of days.

A neighbour said Ms Kular and her five children had lived at the Dunvegan Avenue address until 18 months ago and that Mikaeel and his twin were born while the family lived at the house.

The house is about 20 miles away from the family's home in Ferry Gait Crescent in the Muirhouse area of Edinburgh.

More than 200 volunteers from the community had joined the emergency services to look for him.

Hundreds of people gathered at Muirhouse St Andrew's Church in Edinburgh on Saturday evening for a service in his memory.

Many also left flowers and soft toys and lit candles outside his home in Edinburgh.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Words fail me, I just don't know how any parent could kill their own child especially when a natural instinct is to kill for your child. It's just so so sad as it also impacts on the remaining children who are now going to have to grow up without her (which is a blessing) but they'll be to young to to know right now, and then eventually learn what she did.
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t