Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Lowering video quality when streaming from the cloud.

I was asked a question about the ipad 2. The person buys videos from itunes then stores them on the cloud. When she's out and about and has no wifi she has to use data and was wondering if it was possible to lower the video quality or save her bandwidth somehow.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

Post Thanks
    Chats
    wouldn't it be better storing them on the ipad

3. Thanks alanjg007 thanked for this post
    Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Just googled at cant find anything on it.

5. Thanks alanjg007 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    If she gets avplayer hd from App Store you can alter movies to lower res and load them or ANY video by connecting ipad to a PC or laptop via avplayer.It gives you an address to enter which opens a folder on your ipad.You can also do it via wifi.You can do it via itunes by clicking application bar then scroll through the installed application list till you get to AV Player HD. Click on AV Player HD then Drag & Drop your chosen media into the dialog box to the right of the applications list. Loading via the WIFI method you are restricted to 1 movie per web page opened. On the iPad. Open AV Player HD & select Wifi transfer. It will give you a web address to go to on your PC/Laptop browser. Go to the address shown & follow the prompts to complete the process

7. Thanks alanjg007 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bobthebuilder Hidden Content
    wouldn't it be better storing them on the ipad
    I said the same thing as you, the ipad is full of pictures and movies and she wants to keep them on there.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by billy149uk Hidden Content
    If she gets avplayer hd from App Store you can alter movies to lower res and load them or ANY video by connecting ipad to a PC or laptop via avplayer.It gives you an address to enter which opens a folder on your ipad.You can also do it via wifi.You can do it via itunes by clicking application bar then scroll through the installed application list till you get to AV Player HD. Click on AV Player HD then Drag & Drop your chosen media into the dialog box to the right of the applications list. Loading via the WIFI method you are restricted to 1 movie per web page opened. On the iPad. Open AV Player HD & select Wifi transfer. It will give you a web address to go to on your PC/Laptop browser. Go to the address shown & follow the prompts to complete the process

sounds great but she's not that technical, and she wants to watch movies while waiting to go to next old biddie so she only has an ipad and no laptop.

Dont get me wrong - I will pass this information on. Just one question, Does this save bandwidth thou?

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by alanjg007 Hidden Content
    sounds great but she's not that technical, and she wants to watch movies while waiting to go to next old biddie so she only has an ipad and no laptop.

Dont get me wrong - I will pass this information on. Just one question, Does this save bandwidth thou?
    If she organises her files at home using the avplayer she can put enough movies on to do her for days.Not sure about bandwidth tho,it was my son who made the suggestion as that's what he does with his ipad.