Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: NAS310

Post Thanks
    Chats

NAS310

I bought this little beauty as my old pc i used with homeserver 2011 would not use power saving options. SO lightsout was useless :-(

I thought the Nas310 being cheap, it would be nasty and hard to use. I was so wrong!

It might only be a 1 drive nas but it can be expanded via esata and can have raid1.

Its not just a media server, it can be a itunes server, torrent downloader, and, to my joy, an nzb downloder and loads loads more!

Been reading up and i beleive it can be configured to use serviio/sabnzbd and loads more programs!

The gui and setting up is simple enough, but if you want to use the 'extra' features then a little linux is required.

Does anyone else have one of these?

EDIT: the device is called a NSA310

Hidden Content
    Last edited by alanjg007; 02-06-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

2. Thanks berley thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I was looking for a Nas 2-Bay Power Media Server to work with my sonos and iphone

I did see a WD My Book Live Duo Network Hard Drive - 6TB which as RAID 1 technology on it ....but the price is a bit high at ?310

what sort of price was the Nas310 ? and does it come with a drive fitted.
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    i would go for the nsa320 then gazer. its a 2 bay drive.

the nsa310 cost me 40 bucks, and the nsa320 is around 60. There are no drives installed so you'd have to buy them, but they are easy to install.

Hidden Content <----the nsa320.

for a bit more you can buy the nsa325 which has more power under the hood but for my needs the nsa310 does me :-)
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

Post Thanks
    Chats
    You need to check the capabilities carefully. Sonos will likely be ok with most NAS units just through mapped file shares, however, iPhone will not connect to shared media on a NAS without an additional app that has that support. There are a few, but I don't have experience of any app.