Toni Minichiello has been made redundant by UK Athletics despite guiding Jessica Ennis to Olympic gold.

Code:
The Sheffield based coach was named UK coach of the year for masterminding Ennis' heptathlon triumph at London 2012 but has now admitted he will need to find new ways to supplement his income.
Minichiello was let go under controversial plans from UK Athletics which insists all its coaches be based at its new centralised institute in Loughborough unless they train more than one Olympic or world medallist.
"I'm disappointed at being made redundant but I?m not surprised because that?s the nature of sport,? Minichiello Hidden Content 
"I've been employed all my life so this is a very new experience.
"Like anybody being made redundant, and there are a lot of them up and down the county, it?s a worrying time. I'm not surprised because sport is like that and funding is like that.
"My job over the last four years was to coach Jessica Ennis and win global medals and I pretty much think I did that.
"That role no longer exists in that format so therefore there isn?t an employed situation for me."
Minichiello has been offered a consultancy role to continue working with Ennis until the Rio Olympics but he has yet to accept the position.
"The down side about being a consultant means that I?ll have to find other ways of earning a living which will take me away from the track and from coaching.
"In an employed position under Dave Collins and then under Charles van Commenee, it meant I didn?t have to go out and look for other ways to pay the bills. Now I will have to.?
"Every four years there will always be these things that happen and it?s not just isolated in athletics as all governing bodies change.
"The viewpoint a lot of the time is that coaches are inter-changeable.
"I don?t think they value the longevity and relationship development year on year. I think they believe anybody can coach anybody if you just come in at the right time."
Ennis clocked a British points record of 6,955 during the Olympics, and set the fastest ever heptathlon time in the 100m hurdles