Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

ISP Code of Conduct

So, I have moved house and my ISP has given me a 35 day wait for the line and broadband to be transferred over. I read their code of conduct and they state 25 days is the limit it would take and any extra would mean you could cancel an go elsewhere. I quoted this and it was ok to cancel as I was right and I would not have to pay to get out of contract. Not to jump the gun I rang all the other major ISP players and all are giving me the same lame excuse that it would be 30 days plus for a BT engineer to fit the line as it's all sub contracted out to them. I tried BT themselves, there excuse is something to do with the Olympics still??? I have chosen to stay with my ISP who suggest calling every Thursday as there could be a local cancellation.... any ideas on how to kick them up to speed? I can't cope with this broadband dongle... 2G?! Crumbs!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: ISP Code of Conduct

Don't you have access to TalkTalk or another un-bundled provider at your exchange? TalkTalk can usually get a new line installed in 5 days (when we had them provision a line, it took them 3 days and we live in the back of beyond!)