Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Reason to Switch

Hey everyone. I have an iPhone 4S and my contract is about to end. Thinking about upgrading to a windows phone but not really sure. What does everyone think. What is the stand out feature on Windows phone that iPhone lacks? Would love to know everyone's favourite bit about their windows phone.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Reason to Switch

I would advise against it. Though this is not from personal experience of the latest version of the windows mobile OS.

I used to love windows phones, I started out on an old windows 5 phone, but i have to say have been dissapointed with the lack of progress of the OS, my last phone was a HTC HD2 which ran on the previous version of windows, it was OK, but ran slowly and generally wasnt great (despite being a pretty powerful machine). I then ported over Android onto the same phone (Software which was never designed to run or was optimised for the phone) and it ran so much better.

I have so far only read so-so reviews about the new windows phones, and have so far yet to meet a single person who has a windows phone!

So my advice would be to stick with the iPhone, or try an android phone instead.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Android over iPhone for me, but I've been watching the windows phone progress since the launch of windows phone 7, and to be honest I think it looks good, the jump to windows 8 released this month is going to make or break the windows phone market. main down side is the lack of apps in the windows market place, I have windows 8 on my pc (now need a touch screen monitor) and am liking it, also tempted with a windows surface tablet when they become available, so if I get the Tablet getting a windows 8 phone will complete the set
    This Thread will help you understand the way this forum works Hidden Content
    This link will tell you all you need to know Hidden Content
    And if your still stuck use this link The following will answer all your questions Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

I would say, stick to apple, i went over to a windows 6 HTC HD2 and lasted about 8 months, i went back to apple and got the 4s, i think its a case of you like apple or you don't, i like the more direct system that apple have, when comparing it to the andriods system, dont get me wrong, the galaxy 111 is a stunning phone, but it`s tooooo big for a pocket, so i say stick to apple m8....anytime ....cheers !!
    .................................................. .................................................. .
    LIFE`S A BITCH .......... THEN YOU DIE !!

NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY.... NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

don't dismiss what you haven't tried Windows 7 phone is totally different compared to windows 6, the apple fanbois are now slowly turning to android
    This Thread will help you understand the way this forum works Hidden Content
    This link will tell you all you need to know Hidden Content
    And if your still stuck use this link The following will answer all your questions Hidden Content

Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

The biggest difference would be you'd have more choices on colour Hidden Content

I'd upgrade to an iPhone 5 if the contract stays the same price for you, even though I'm an Android guy.

If you really want to try Windows then I'd wait for the Windows 8 devices coming out later this month as the current Windows Phone 7.5 OS will be obsolete by the end of the month.

Or you could try out an Android phone either the Galaxy S III or wait till later this month when the new Nexus is revealed. (Although it's been leaked to hell on the internet.)

I'd pop into a phone store and try out each device mate, see which you enjoy most.

Post Thanks
    Chats

At the end of the day it comes down to your preference , for me I really like W7 os ,been using it for around a year, and no real complaints with the phone, and yes it's a little on the light side in the App Store , but its improving all the time.