Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Compressor

Post Thanks
    Chats

Compressor

Hi
    Does anybody know if compressor air receivers ever go off with a bang.
    I know they are supposed to have a ten year working life, from the date stamped on the tank.
    Just because in my youth I had a one that was 37-38 years old. When I scrapped that I cut a section out of the bottom of the tank
    and it was as new. Because I tried it with a micrometer and the amount it had wasted away was negligable. Given it was made of 1/4 plate.
    And the one I have now is approaching 10 years old. Should I be afraid very afraid.

Thanks John.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Compressor

I would say that it has that time stamp on it for a reason. That would be the extreme of using it every day for 10 years but if your only using it once in a blue moon then i would say you can go a bit further with it BUT remember that when you use them they get full of water and water and metal cause rust and if you have left it for a while then that water would be in a certain place for a while so it could cause a rust build up causing a weekness in it. But on the other hand it could last another 10 years past that !

If you feel it will be ok then thats up to you, manufacturers have to put things like that on them or they will become liable if anything happens when it blows up!
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world