Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Actor Michael Clarke Duncan R.I.P.

Actor Michael Clarke Duncan, who rose to prominence playing a death row inmate in the acclaimed film The Green Mile, has died at the age of 54.

Duncan suffered a heart attack in July and died at a hospital in Los Angeles after failing to recover.

A former bodyguard, the 6ft 4in (1.93m) Duncan was an imposing figure who played a wide variety of screen roles.

He was nominated for an Oscar in 1999 for The Green Mile, but also played action roles and voiced animated parts.

His versatility saw him team up with Bruce Willis to save the Earth in Armageddon, play it for laughs in the Will Ferrell racing car comedy Talladega Nights, and take a succession of roles in TV sitcoms, including Two and a Half Men.

He will be remembered primarily for his role alongside Tom Hanks in the adaptation of Stephen King's novel The Green Mile.

Duncan played convicted murderer John Coffey, a man possessed of a gentle demeanour and extraordinary healing powers.

His unexpected performance won him a nomination as best supporting actor and kick-started an acting career that only began once he gave up bodyguard work in his 30s.

Following his death Duncan's fiancee, Reverend Omarosa Marigault, asked for privacy until the funeral and memorial events were announced.

The Green Mile would be one of the Top films of all time for me and he played the part brilliantly. A Great in acting and in size will be sadly missed R.I.P. Hidden Content
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

2. Thanks notanotherone, Reddevil, thelostone, fergalsworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Actor Michael Clarke Duncan R.I.P.

I absolutely loved him in Two and a Half men, I cannot beleive he is gone, will have to watch some episodes tonight give him a good send off. R.I.P

Post Thanks
    Chats

Sad news indeed he was excellent as John coffey in the green mile, which is one of my favourite movies along side the shawshank redemption
    he will be sadly missed
    RIP Michael
    Hidden Content
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

RIP big man.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Was absolutely devastated to hear the sad news. He was such an aspiring actor, loved him in the green mile. Was another one of those 'could never see passing away' type of celebrities so was truly shocked. RIP MCD

Post Thanks
    Chats

Saw it on my facebook feed, couldn't believe it. Too young. The Green Mile is one of my favourite movies of all time. RIP

Post Thanks
    Chats

couldent believe this when i seen it, was such a good actor aswell Hidden Content

Greenmile will never be the samr :'(