Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: truecrypt

Im Special
    Post Thanks
    Chats

truecrypt

hope its not a repost

after reading the thread on konboot and using it to see if it worked witch it did and very well it did to won 7 64 bit i went to look for another way to
    add extra security
    and found Hidden Content i was hoping to find a second password to windows but to no avail however after testing this for a while have found it to be quite
    usefull and its FREE

T r u e C r y p t
    Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux

Main Features:

• Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
    • Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
    • Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (Hidden Content ).
    • Encryption is Hidden Content .
    • Hidden Content and Hidden Content allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
    • Encryption can be Hidden Content on modern processors.
    • Provides Hidden Content , in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:

Hidden Content (steganography) and Hidden Content .

hers the first two screen shots on the site
    Hidden Content

Main TrueCrypt Window

Hidden Content

thanks for looking and head over to the site Hidden Content for a look Hidden Content

Im Special
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: truecrypt

any comments people. Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Windows passwords are and always have been a joke and easily bypassed

BIOS passwords are better but Desktops can be removed by a simple jumper or by removing the battery. Laptops are harder because removing the battery will not work because the BIOS password is stored usually in an EEPROM or in a hidden sector on the hard disk but most laptops show you a hash after 3 wrong attempts from which a master password can be calculated and used instead of the real password

Encryption systems like Truecrypt is the only way to go IMO if you want to protect your data but it wont protect your machine because it can just be formatted and re-used

Do not rely on it tho as they can be hacked but not very easily Hidden Content
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

4. Thanks Spinifex, dave_moore, Thomas Leone thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

whatever password you need to protect ya pc with make sure its the longest either the bios allows and make it unique but you can see it on your keyboard Hidden Content

p.s ya big gay

6. Thanks dave_moore thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spinifex Hidden Content
    whatever password you need to protect ya pc with make sure its the longest either the bios allows and make it unique but you can see it on your keyboard Hidden Content
    I agree with the length of password but wont make difference for windows or the BIOS because windows can be bypassed and the BIOS can be bypassed by jumper, battery removal or with a master password regardless of the length of the original password

For everything else use a long password that is not a normal word. Use upper and lower case, numbers and speical characters so it wont be bruteforced easily
    You can generate random passwords easily online Hidden Content Hidden Content
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

8. Thanks dave_moore, berley thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

you can excuse digdugs generator i never trust a machine... do u honestly trust camelot Hidden Content

10. Thanks dave_moore thanked for this post
    Likes Thomas Leone liked this post
    Im Special
    Post Thanks
    Chats

so dose anyone know of a better way to up the security of windows login passwords or a third party security program i know there is face id and finger print recognition but am wanting some thing to say if my pc got taken thay could not see any installed programs or if the passwords was entered wrong the hard drive would erase all data???

thanks

Im Special
    Post Thanks
    Chats

bump to my question above thanks guys. Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

you could lock encrypt the hard drive but its a pain in the arse, been down that road myself, it takes forever, its one of those jobs you would need to leave the program running for hours and hours on end to get done, I.E, overnight etc depending on size of hard drive, and then anything you want to add into the drive has to be enrcypted and added etc too.