Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  5
    Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Is Vince McMahon Trying To Get Vickie Guerrero To Forfeit Their Lifetime Deal?

Hidden Content

For reasons publicly unclear, Vickie Guerrero has been subject to numerous verbal taunts concerning her weight throughout her tenure with WWE. Despite the placement of an anti-bullying policy and Guerrero herself losing over fifty pounds, the insults about her appearance continue to linger on WWE television shows. Last month at Over the Limit, commentator Jerry Lawler spent much of the WWE Tag Team Championship Match hurling weight-related barbs at Guerrero, who was wearing a dress with holes cut out.
    When Vickie's husband Eddie Guerrero died of heart failure in November 2005, Vince McMahon stated at a press conference that he promised to financially take care of her family for the rest of their lives. However, rather than dispense money to Guerrero for free, she was summoned to work for the organization as a television character despite having minimal training and experience. Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer was asked by a reader this weekend whether McMahon's constant degradation of Guerrero is being done to get her to quit WWE, thereby forfeiting their lifetime deal.

"I don't think they've ever tried to run her off. They just had an idea for her character." Meltzer states. "The worst stuff was when she had already given notice a few years back, as opposed to them trying to get her to leave."

In May 2009, Guerrero requested to be released from her contract with WWE. As a single parent, she felt it was important to spend more time with her fatherless teenage daughters during their crucial adolescent years. McMahon, however, was livid over Guerrero's decision.

Matthew Randazzo V writes of the WWE CEO's reaction in the July 2009 issue of Power Slam: "He takes grievous offence and begins to rant and rave that Guerrero has betrayed WWE. Yes, Vince believes that the widow of Eddie Guerrero is ungrateful to the professional wrestling industry because she is putting her family first. From this point on, Vince's shameless lackeys curry his favour by pitching gratuitous pig and fatso jokes at creative meetings?which earn booming guffaws from Vince."

McMahon's ire shifts on-screen, with Santino Marella and his fictitious twin sister "Santina" insulting Guerrero for weeks, calling her a pig and making oinking noises. The storyline climaxes with Guerrero being placed in a Hog Pen Match at the June 2009 Extreme Rules pay-per-view?Vickie and Santina brawl in a pen full of mud. With the Guerrero character refusing to be humiliated anymore, she quits her job as General Manager of Raw the following evening. After her announcement, she was joined in the ring by her estranged storyline husband, Edge. Requesting a divorce, the Rated-R Superstar viciously blasts Guerrero, calling her a "she-beast" among other insults.

Guerrero was asked last year during an interview with The Baltimore Sun whether WWE's negative remarks toward her weight affect her.

"They really don't bother me. Well, I guess they did to an extent, but not to where I was feeling bad about myself. It was who I was," she said. "We have beautiful women that work with us, and when I was in the locker room with them and we're dressing and stuff, I would look at them and be like, 'Oh, this is ridiculous. I'm going to change.' I wanted to feel good being a part of their group and to live a lifestyle that was going to be promoted with the WWE. Now when they say the jokes, it's like, 'Whatever.' [laughs] The jokes have helped grow my character to what it is. I just kind of roll with it and leave it behind me when I leave the arena. Again, there's the character and then there's the real person. You can't take what's going on at work personally."

-

Hidden Content

-

I personally think it's very distasteful and disrespectful the way WWE take the p1ss out of Vickie. Fair enough if it was once or twice in a few year but it's been constant every time she appears. I find it childish and rather ironic since WWE promote the "Be a star" anti bullying campaign so heavily.

Eddie would be turning in his grave I reckon.

2. Thanks Diablo13, Ginyu thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Is Vince McMahon Trying To Get Vickie Guerrero To Forfeit Their Lifetime Deal?

Im really not a fan of the way Lawler talks about her. They have this 'Be A Star' campaign where they're SO anti-bullying yet Lawler does nothing but bully her. Im sure its not him personally, most likely Vinnie screaming through his ear piece to say it. She's great for generating heat and is a great manager for mid card talent to get noticed. But if the poor woman wants to leave they should let her.

4. Thanks Diablo13, Pejazzle thanked for this post
    Likes Pejazzle liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Is Vince McMahon Trying To Get Vickie Guerrero To Forfeit Their Lifetime Deal?

There are so many story lines in the wwe which are distasteful and if they were outside of wrestling would lead to prosecutions!
    I do agree about how ironic it is that they are so involved in the "Be A Star" anti bullying campaign, when a great deal of their stories involve bullying in one way or another!
    The current AJ story is another, where she was shown as pathetic and an insult to real women who were bullied by their husbands, then they have switched it to make her some kind of deranged bunny boiler who hates men, but will seduce them for revenge????
    WWE with its huge audience of kids is a not very nice fairyland, and if I was a parent I don't think I would allow kids as young as you see in the audience to watch it, especially in the live audience?
    The trouble is where does the character of Vicky end and Mrs Guerrero begin?
    I have always taken Vicky the person to be fully compliant with her Vicky characters story lines, but if that is not the case and it goes on away from the cameras, that is a very different and disturbing story altogether!

It seems the biggest stories are the ones behind the scenes, the ones with no scripts which we are never allowed to see. Despite the money wwe pays them, it doesn't sound like a nice place to work at all and all these type of revelations if true, actually leave me quite disgusted with them, especially as supposedly family entertainers!
    Hidden Content

6. Thanks Pejazzle, Ginyu thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Its horrible isn't it? I was thinking about John Cena recently as well, their BIGGEST spokesman and he spent the last Raw bullying the hell out of Micheal Cole and covering him in BBQ sauce. Then the PPV before that MASSIVELY bullying John Laurenitus (yeah ok, these are characters we're not meant to like), but its still him picking on 2 guys that cleary aren't wrestlers.
    Im just finding myself getting less and less interested in WWE everyday.

8. Thanks Pejazzle, Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Ginyu Hidden Content
    Its horrible isn't it? I was thinking about John Cena recently as well, their BIGGEST spokesman and he spent the last Raw bullying the hell out of Micheal Cole and covering him in BBQ sauce. Then the PPV before that MASSIVELY bullying John Laurenitus (yeah ok, these are characters we're not meant to like), but its still him picking on 2 guys that cleary aren't wrestlers.
    Im just finding myself getting less and less interested in WWE everyday.
    To be fair though Lauriniatis has been bullying Cena with his power so fairs fair Hidden Content

You're not the only one becoming more and more disinterested in WWE believe me. I've given up with watching Smackdown I just think it's all becoming a joke now.

10. Thanks DessertDog, Ginyu, Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Likes DessertDog, Ginyu liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Lets not forget that wrestling is supposed to be an action orientated, physical combat show, for both men and women!
    I have no interest in UFC or MMA for instance, because far from sporting skill, or genuine entertainment, I think it is just tHidden Content getting paid for what they would do anyway, beating someone up without fear of prosecution?

There has to be aggression between the wwe characters, for whatever reasons to develop storylines.
    It was never meant to be the vicars tea party!
    Hidden Content
    Perhaps that is why it is so important for the wwe to be involved heavily in "Be a Star", to show that the people behind the characters you see on screen are not the same in the real world?
    So despite what I said previously, so long as these feuds and beat ups of the "little guy" only happen at an event then that should be ok.
    As far as Laryngitis and Cole getting beat up by Cena, I am only disapointed that they didn't really get the crap kicked out of them as their characters deserved, instead of all this childish barbecue sauce and rubbish being dumped on them. John Laurinitis was a professional wrestler, so it would have been much more interesting to see him fight back against Cena and perform again in the ring?

If the bullying goes on in the boardroom and completely off camera to the people behind the characters, that is a different thing altogether and wwe should be ashamed of themselves!
    I have no illusions that Vince McMahon is a nice bloke, he goes after and gets what he wants, that's how he got to be a billionaire!
    It is important that we know and realise the difference between wwe shows and wwe employees though!
    As well as the fact that some stories are "leaked" through the wrestling press and other mediums like social networking sites, just to raise interest and the company's profile among both current and future fans?
    You can't actually believe anything you see about the wwe, unless perhaps it is reported from a court case!
    Hidden Content

12. Thanks Pejazzle thanked for this post