Code:
    h**p://Hidden Content class="bbcode_container">

Code:

Code:

Code:
    h**p://www.dailymotion.com/video/k27qGBWKzhgFcz2WeYU
    Last edited by fergalsworld; 21-06-2012 at 11:29 AM.

2. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Likes Diablo13 liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: WWE WrestleMania XXVIII

This years Wrestlemania was better than I expected it to be.

Danial Brian's fast exit was both a pleasant shock at his super quick defeat by Sheamus, and a disappointment that there was no actual match. Both competitors deserved a longer appearance?

The first 2 hours were pretty fast paced action, but it did seem to get a bit bogged down with fillers and general crap after the Undertaker vs HHH match, leading into the 3rd hour?
    What a match that was, awesome, Taker looked great with his new hairstyle and both men and Shawn Michaels put on a very hard fought and spectacular show. For all those who say wrestling is fake, they only need to look at the welts and upcoming bruises on Takers body and HHH's cut eye to change their minds!
    An impressive hard match by 2 hard men, with a great show of respect ending!

I was surprised Orton got beat by Kane in a decent, but not outstanding match?
    I enjoyed the Jericho vs Punk match as well and actually expected Jericho to win, ready for a no holds barred rematch at the upcoming "Extreme" ppv?
    Glad to see Big Show lay out Cody Rhodes in a good match performance by both men for the Intercontinental title.

Its a shame the divas match was just a 'fill in' rather than a proper match, with the expected silly result by a guest star!
    The 12 man tag match for Teddy vs Johnny was expectedly disappointing, it should have been an over the top rope match, with the last member of the team being the winner?
    Once again it was more of a filler match to extend the card and let the non storyline wrestlers appear at WM.

I see the WWE now feel it necessary to milk the advertising revenue element by inserting it into WM as well, something I don't remember them doing before!
    It just seems wrong when people have already paid so much to see the show, either live or on worldwide television, that they should sneak in adverts and product placements during it?

What the hell was that stupid and very crap Funkysorearse section all about?
    I thought that brought down the tone of the show, along with the Mick Foley and Santino fishing show advert segment, which stunk worse than the fish!

The highlight of the night was the Cena vs Rock match of course.
    Why was Cena's rap introduction group on so much shorter than the Rock's Flo Rida intro anyway?
    Both of the groups were yet more pointless filler to extend the show to its advertised 4 hours!
    I have to say I liked the actual Cena Rock match though, much more than I expected to.
    Rock was better than I expected him to be, he didn't talk, and the match flowed pretty well, with Rock looking genuinely hurt at times with his ribs.
    I did want and expect Cena to win though, as he said its his life, .........more fool me!

For me though after the "End of an Era" match between HHH and Taker, none of the following matches could even come close to topping that?
    Maybe the excitement of that match was raised by my thinking it could actually be Takers last match and an appropriate farewell to his in ring competition?

Well I had some moans, but it was generally a good Wrestlemania and I don't think I would have minded at all if I had paid for it and watched live, which I think is the benchmark of a good show.

4. Thanks Pejazzle thanked for this post
    Likes Pejazzle liked this post
    Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

I thought this was an awful WrestleMania and judging by your comments there were only 2 matches you really liked, does that count as a good Mania? The supposed "biggest show on earth".

Danial Brian's fast exit was both a pleasant shock at his super quick defeat by Sheamus, and a disappointment that there was no actual match. Both competitors deserved a longer appearance?

I wouldn't have minded how this matched turned out but the fact they spent so much time elsewhere during the show filling it with bullsh1t, I would have much rather seen this match extended and believe they could have put on a heck of a good match.

The first 2 hours were pretty fast paced action, but it did seem to get a bit bogged down with fillers and general crap after the Undertaker vs HHH match, leading into the 3rd hour?
    What a match that was, awesome, Taker looked great with his new hairstyle and both men and Shawn Michaels put on a very hard fought and spectacular show. For all those who say wrestling is fake, they only need to look at the welts and upcoming bruises on Takers body and HHH's cut eye to change their minds!
    An impressive hard match by 2 hard men, with a great show of respect ending!
    Great match and best of the night for sure. Terrible time to put it on though, not even half way through the show?

I was surprised Orton got beat by Kane in a decent, but not outstanding match?
    I enjoyed the Jericho vs Punk match as well and actually expected Jericho to win, ready for a no holds barred rematch at the upcoming "Extreme" ppv?
    Glad to see Big Show lay out Cody Rhodes in a good match performance by both men for the Intercontinental title.

Great to see Orton losing as I detest him as a wrestler . Definitely thought he was going to win it though.

It was also great to see Cody Rhodes get knocked out, something that's been coming a long time for him.

The Punk vs Jericho match I found really boring but had a great ending when they both reversed and countered each others moves.

Its a shame the divas match was just a 'fill in' rather than a proper match, with the expected silly result by a guest star!
    The 12 man tag match for Teddy vs Johnny was expectedly disappointing, it should have been an over the top rope match, with the last member of the team being the winner?
    Once again it was more of a filler match to extend the card and let the non storyline wrestlers appear at WM.

These speacial guests coming to WM really p1ss me off aswell, especially as they're unskilled and yet always seem to win. How must the losing wrestlers feel?

The 12 man tag was definitely a filler to let the lesser wrestlers appear at WM. Terrible match, but even though I dislike John Lauriniatis I wanted him to win as it is more interesting to see what he does, also it could lead to a Punk/Lauriniatis fued much like Stone Cold and Vince McMahon?

I see the WWE now feel it necessary to milk the advertising revenue element by inserting it into WM as well, something I don't remember them doing before!
    It just seems wrong when people have already paid so much to see the show, either live or on worldwide television, that they should sneak in adverts and product placements during it?

What the hell was that stupid and very crap Funkysorearse section all about?
    I thought that brought down the tone of the show, along with the Mick Foley and Santino fishing show advert segment, which stunk worse than the fish!

To be honest I didn't really mind the advertising whilst they cleared the ring up in preparation for following matches, I'd much rather that than see the awful fillers they had. The Foley and Santino advertising was unfunny, cringeworthy and shameful.

I won't even tell you how much I hated the Funkasaurus segment, his gimmick has worn out a long time ago and was in my opinion the biggest lowlight of the night.

The highlight of the night was the Cena vs Rock match of course.
    Why was Cena's rap introduction group on so much shorter than the Rock's Flo Rida intro anyway?
    Both of the groups were yet more pointless filler to extend the show to its advertised 4 hours!
    I have to say I liked the actual Cena Rock match though, much more than I expected to.
    Rock was better than I expected him to be, he didn't talk, and the match flowed pretty well, with Rock looking genuinely hurt at times with his ribs.
    I did want and expect Cena to win though, as he said its his life, .........more fool me!

I thought this was a fairly good match and The Rock most definetely still has in ring abilities.

Although I have been with you on wanting John Cena to win on the night I thought The Rock was the right winner. My reason for this is because it was a match that defined 2 generations and I much prefer the "attitude era" of The Rock than this crappy "PG era" of John Cena.

I don't think John Cena has anything to be ashamed of though, he conducted himself brilliantly for the whole year leading up to this and is a true credit to wrestling.
    I would love to see Cena turn heel after this but somehow I doubt he will.

For me overall this was a terrible WrestleMania. The "End of an Era" match was on way to soon and made everything after it look very amateur.

The Main event wasn't too bad but once you announce a match 1 year in advance and hype it up for so long it will never live up to expectations.

The fillers throughout were horrible and I don't remember such bad ones. Steve Austin on Twitter seemed very bermused by it all aswell.

6. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Likes Diablo13 liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks for the in depth reply m8.
    Strangely for me, reading your post has altered my conception of the show somewhat.
    I think when I posted I was still full of the Wrestlemania buzz, the simple acknowledgement that this was "the greatest show on earth" ffs.
    Looking at it again through your excellent breakdown, (as opposed my slightly dodgy short term memory), I have to admit that really it wasn't so good overall as WM's go. I don't usually change my mind like that as you know, but in the cold light of day, you made me realize that in fact even in my own post, there was more bad than good!
    For instance I hardly said anything about the Kane vs Orton match in my long post, because to be honest I don't remember much about it!
    Hidden Content

On the "End of An Era" match,I was very surprised it came so early on the card as well. I think they must have underestimated how much the fans wanted to see that match?
    Either that or they knew it would be so good that they didn't want to bill it too late and end up with it overshadowing the Rock vs Cena match?
    With a years hype, which Cena had basically carried on his own for 10 months, I think it was always going to be hard to live up expectations?
    That said they did a pretty good job and credit has to go to both wrestlers for a pure match well competed.

8. Thanks Pejazzle thanked for this post
    Likes Pejazzle liked this post