Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

WARNING on new XGD3 games burning and playing

While the new format fw has been released to play these games and a new way to burn them has been found to play them and C4eva says that its safe to play them on LIVE i have serious doubts on the subject im afraid!!

Forza 4 has been released which is the XGD3 format and people have been saying that they work fine then all of a sudden you are gtting a dirty disc error. When this happens its a new check that is happening and the xbox is reporting that there is a fault with the disc. Im not sure if this flags your console for a ban but i would seriously think about not playing these games while it gets sorted out. The way you burn them is dodgy at best and it rings alarm bells with me the fact that you get errors on the burn then it works!!

MS has added something to Forza 4 which stops you playing a burnt copy unless its on a jtag and then you need a new dash launch to play it. If i was you and you play on live i would keep well away from these games while it gets sorted out if you dont want a ban. But then again i wouldnt play on live with a modded console anymore anyway as its just not worth the hassle anymore!!

You have been warned
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

2. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Likes thelostone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: WARNING on new XGD3 games burning and playing

I downloaded Dark Souls, which was supposed to have had the iso pre sorted to burn on a normal DL disk.
    Using the latest Imageburn it seemed to be ok, with the only warning I got being the layer break size being larger.
    I let it burn anyway, got no more warnings and the burn completed successfully.
    However when I put it in my jtagged 360 it showed as a game, but not the game title. It did not show as a faulty or dirty disk as it would usually, it simply would not access it, either to play from the disk or copy it to the hdd.
    I don't use Xbox live but I thought I would get this game just to see if it would burn successfully, but it failed.
    I rarely have a problem with a bad burn and have never had a disk show up like this on my box, so it may not be as easy to get this right as they say it is!

Post Thanks
    Chats

I fooked imgburn off for doing xgd3 i only use it now for xgd2.

If you want to burn games without a hitch then use the clonecd method.
    works a treat no errors and all that bs.

@ tinks but that is just your opinion btw, c4e already said his crap does bypass and authenticate checks aka bypasses the problem.

when burning and you saying its missing stuff off the end it isnt game data its invalid data, useless data that we dont need to 1:1 copy since all the security has been emulated in the dvd drive instead of on the copied disk.

I notice you bang on about playing on live all the time well if anybody had any sense whatsoever they wouldnt be using a hacked console online anyway, its no big deal if you get banned itll just make you buy that 2nd console sooner than you anticipated, thus keeping other for its proper purpose and thats playing illegal games!!!!!

Spin.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Spini C4 has conflicting reports!! He said one min its safe as it can be then in the next breath there is a problem with forza 4!! I dont trust him anymore im afraid and as far as im concerned he is finished. Jtag and emulators are the way to go and he needs to make a offline fw that will play anything like the old samsung used to. Xbox live and modded consoles shouldnt be mixed and as soon as he figures this out the better as ms will always combat anything he can do!!

And diablo you wont be able to play them new games you plant pot as you have got a old fw on your drive Hidden Content Just use the new version of iso2god and then ftp it over then you have no need to burn the discs anymore and i will see you later on in the week when you get it wrapped around your head like usual Hidden Content

EDIT - And spini i dont play on live at all anymore the same as diablo i was just warning people that the facts are there but c4 is skimming over them like he usually does and he has now released a statement saying dont play forza 4 as it has a new security check on it!! Why say its safe when it aint and never will be. Pulling the wool over everyones eyes is getting a bit much and he needs to start admitting that ms are getting the upper hand now.

6. Thanks Spinifex, Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

The only thing imho then tinks is his reputation can be slightly saved at the fact that he does it for free and doesnt charge you for the flash files.

without him i wouldnt be playing driver, what worries me is why is he the only person on the planet that can do it?

i think its called a CIV check or somet that was origianlly on the halo test xgd3 but was disabled since then and reapplied on forza4, so he was in fact aware of it already!!!!!! worrying thought Hidden Content

i dont play online and as you rightly said and ill say the same just release for offline use alot like the ps3 in a way.
    obviously from now on 1 minute youll have a hacked console and then an unhacked console because of the sodding firmwares that we are forced to use for newer games else it wont run.

im thinking of doing the external sata drive mod so i dont need to open the case anymore to flash it.
    what im not likeing is traders are charging people to have your xbox reflashed and its a total waste of time now because next month youll need another and another and another. SO TIME TO LEARN HOW TO REFLASH Hidden Content

Spin.

8. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spinifex Hidden Content
    The only thing imho then tinks is his reputation can be slightly saved at the fact that he does it for free and doesnt charge you for the flash files.

Spin.
    That bit i agree NOW but he has in the past been know to charge for them!! Remember foundmy.com anyone?? He denied it to the hilt it was him and it was proven without doubt that he was behind it all along and thats when i lost respect for him tbh!! I seem to think he is being paid for all this by someone (team xecuter) so they can all profit from it but hey thats the name of the game at a guess. Just makes me laugh when everyone thinks he does it for free when he isnt whiter than white!!

And seeing as though he wasnt the first to do it either but the other 2 pioneers who cracked it in the first place backed out as they knew it would be alot of hassle and he took the lime light and took all the credit.

10. Thanks Spinifex thanked for this post
    Likes Spinifex, Diablo13 liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

I seem to think he is being paid for all this by someone

Yes it wouldn't surprise me if he was actually being paid by Microsoft!
    Think about it, he comes up with a new hack and tells you its safe to play online with it.
    A few weeks later Microsoft come up with the answer to it and at the same time have logged a lot of new users and boxes with non standard firmware, which they then ban in their next ban wave, which means a lot of those people will then go out and buy a new 360, boosting sales!
    Those same people will probably believe in C4eva's next update as well and put it on their new box because they want to play online, but can't really afford the latest games, then the whole cycle repeats itself when that new console gets banned as well 4 months later.

In case you think that is far fetched, think about the savings you make by playing backup copies against retail ones, while still playing online for maybe 4 months.
    You only need to save on 4 or 5 games to get a new console and those sales profits go to Microsoft and keep their new sales figures high, while the software makers are the real losers, but with no comeback on Microshaft?
    Quite a lucrative business plan for all concerned and it also explains why C4eva is the only one still doing it regularly, with secret approval?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

12. Likes Spinifex liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

I doubt thats true diablo but its a nice thought and thinking out of the box and looking at the bigger picture.
    however if it was true then im sure they would be sued by everyone if anyone found out.

conspiracy theories Hidden Content

i like the fact that after so many years they decided to stop or prevent piracy, i always knew and said it to my friend that if we can flash a drive then i know ms can do it via firmware and heyho 12 months later it all started.
    maybe i shouldnt have said anything on microsoft messenger Hidden Content oops..

there is no new games after sr3 that i want until probably xmas next year so im happy with my 100+ spindle of games all playable Hidden Content

i just do not need anymore Hidden Content

14. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    ON Holiday
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Guys, have a bit of faith! I've been running modded 360 now for 3 years and always kept up with the latest firmware from c4e and i've never had a ban and neither have 7 of my friends who all keep up to date with the firmwares. There's been several times when I can't be bothered to wait for a game to be verified and just burnt it and straight on xbox live. You might think i'm crazy but basically I don't give a sh**. For the amount of money that c4e has saved us all if you have to buy the odd console who cares. I play all my games on live including the new XGD3 games and still no ban. So far I have recently backed up successfully and played Gears of War 3, Forza 4, Dark Souls, Fifa 12 without any problems on live. Now some of you are going to say" You wait and see you'll be banned blah blah blah" and my answer is "Stop being pussys and talking ****e" it aint happened to me or my friends in 3 years! I think half of the time the ones that get banned are clowns who can't follow simple rules to protect themselves. I'm not being funny but some of you can't even burn XGD3 games properly and bitch about warning messages, WTF do your research and listen to the clever people in the scene that know 10 times more than any of you ever will! Shut up and respect the people who make the impossible possible or clear out and go legit or buy a PS3. To the clown who started this post WTF "But then again i wouldnt play on live with a modded console anymore anyway as its just not worth the hassle anymore", what are you on about?? Thousands of us do it without any hassle and don't get banned!! As said before do your research properly and there will be no problems. For those in disbelief i'm happy to post a picture of my gamertag showing 150 games i've played and if there's a log I can bring up on my xbox to show the age of the machine etc then bring it on!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Opinions are 1 things, calling someone a clown for giving his opinion is another !! Just for your information tinkertiler didn't start his post with what you've typed in bold, and he's anything but a clown you'll do well if you read everything he contributes to the forum and you never know you might learn something new as well.

You've kind of spoiled your first post with that comment which I was finding interesting reading...... up to a point.
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

17. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Likes Diablo13 liked this post
    ON Holiday
    Post Thanks
    Chats

I can't say I'm too woried about you thinking I've spoilt my first post. Anyone who makes a statement like it's not safe and you've been warned is beyond a personal opinion. Someone who has posted that much on a forum will obviously be looked at as a senior member and a lot of people would be inclined to believe what has been written however there is no harm with people also knowing that it's safe as long as you know what your doing. The difference is I'm willing to proove that me and my friends have not had a ban and have used the same consoles for ages and as said I havent ran all games through abgx and played them straight on line. This says a lot for the firmware that c4e writes and he should be given a lot more respect.

Post Thanks
    Chats

There's absolutely no harm in the members reading everyone's opinions on this matter, dont insult anyones intelligence by surmising that they will only take things on board if its a senior member/mod thats typing. I personally have no objection to what your saying, it's the manner in which your saying it that I find offensive, there's no need to call anyone 'pussys and clowns'

This could lead to an interesting debate if you learn how to address other peoples opinions !!
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

20. Thanks Diablo13, tinkertiler thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Great start!
    You come on an established forum and shout your mouth off, insulting mods and experienced members because maybe you have been LUCKY not to get banned!
    Seeing as you obviously have more money than brains, you can afford to keep buying a new console, while others are not so well off as you.
    What is so great on Xbox live anyway, that you can't get somewhere else and for free?
    You are entitled to your own opinions, as we all are, but to come on here with such a bad attitude and insult and run other people down is just not acceptable behaviour!
    Hidden Content
    Have you ever heard the expression good manners?
    Or have you just been evicted from a travellers site?
    You are obviously the kind of loudmouth that goes down the pub and shouts his mouth off, .......then wonders why someone shuts it for you!
    Hidden Content

In all the years I have been on this site, I cannot recall a more obnoxious post than yours, especially as a first post.
    You will make no friends here with that attitude, so maybe you had better just to stick dressing up your avatar on Xbox live and not mixing with real adults on a forum which likes to help people!
    Hidden Content
    Either chill out and join in, or STFU and piss off somewhere else!

Anyone who makes a statement like it's not safe and you've been warned is beyond a personal opinion.

In answer to that, there are millions of banned users the world over who would disagree with you!
    Even C4eva doesn't tell you it is safe to play online with a hacked box, he has more sense!

22. Thanks tinkertiler, berley thanked for this post
    Likes tinkertiler liked this post
    ON Holiday
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Lol, I don't need to make friends here. As for shouting off at the mouth what have you just done Hidden Content it's not about being lucky my friend it's about knowing what your doing! The ones that have been banned obviously don't do there homework! For the record I don't have lots of money but for every game I get for free I put ?5 in a glass just in case the dreaded ever happens but as said already 7 of us 3 years down the road unbanned! I'd say that's more than luck!

Post Thanks
    Chats

So i dont know what im doing now?? Er the original post was posted before c4 said a new drive was needed to burn the games and that it WASNT safe to play Forza!! So who is wrong?? Er it aint me!! And by the way i dont care about what you said we can all have a opinion but as berley has stated you have started to call members and that is crossing the line!! You will find i was on xbox live for over 5 years before i gave it up and never got banned but i gave it up as it wasnt worth the hassle of flashing the drive every 5 mins!!!

25. Thanks berley, Diablo13 thanked for this post
    Likes Spinifex liked this post
    ON Holiday
    Post Thanks
    Chats

I haven't needed a new drive to burn XGD3 games and forza 4 is running fine. I haven't had to flash my drive every 5 mins at all and have just done it each time a new fw comes out.

Post Thanks
    Chats

So you aint listening to what c4 is telling you then? You need to burn the discs on a lite on burner and use verbs and update the fw on the burner. He has stated this is the correct way to burn the games and any other method is risky!

28. Likes Diablo13 liked this post
    ON Holiday
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Oh well, time will tell but I've been ok so far

Post Thanks
    Chats

I'm starting to think you are just an agitator and you haven't been banned because you work for Microshaft! Hidden Content
    You are probably paid commission to get people to believe you, go online and then get banned so they have to buy a new box! Hidden Content

Incidentally my problem with you is not so much what you say, as how you say it.
    I really don't give a flying fcuk if you, or anyone else, gets banned from Xbox live, or shot at dawn.
    That's yours and their choice to make whether they risk going on live or not. It's obviously not a risk at all if you don't go online, so all tinkertiler is doing is advising people that it's better not to take that risk.
    Just don't come here insulting people for no real reason and encouraging others to risk getting a ban, when they were quite happy as they were before you turned up preaching like you are the fount of all knowledge!
    Hidden Content

31. Thanks tinkertiler thanked for this post
    ON Holiday
    Post Thanks
    Chats

You and your silly theories eh that people are being paid by MS, you've mentioned it twice in this thread and already been laughed at Hidden Content .
    My point was on a thread where you have a moderator saying "MS has added something to Forza 4 which stops you playing a burnt copy unless its on a jtag and then you need a new dash launch to play it. If i was you and you play on live i would keep well away from these games while it gets sorted out if you dont want a ban. But then again i wouldnt play on live with a modded console anymore anyway as its just not worth the hassle anymore!!" this should be highlighted if deemed to be untrue/false. 4 of us have been playing forza 4 for 5 days on xbox live and have had no weird activities and the game runs absolutely fine, no dirty disc errors etc, no black screens it just works! Are you guys using verbatim discs and lt+2.0? We're all using infiniti 360 discs and seem to have no issues Hidden Content

33. Thanks Diablo13 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast