Post Thanks
    Chats

Unlock sky trick

I have no need for this whatsoever as i dont have sky and have no need for it at 63 but if it will benefit some then so be it.

If a mod needs to move it then again it just info i have found when searching the interweb

This process is not recommended, if you want movies then pay for them - you will get caught eventually if you use this method and end up with a criminal record - it's not worth it.
    NOTE: your default SKY pin number is the last 4 digits of your sky card number for the FIRST SKY card you got, if you've had a replacement card since subscribing then it will be different and you'll need to phone SKY. Unlock Sky

PLEASE READ THE NOTE BELOW FIRST NOTE: This information is provided for educational/research purposes only and we will not be held responsible for the use to which others put it or for any losses incurred from the use of it. This document is in no way designed to encourage piracy or theft or any illegal or immoral behavior. This works on about 90% of sky boxes Three methods listed below. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocking Sky Box Office

This really is a simple trick. There is a 'secret' installers menu which allows you to add a prefix to the Sky phone number. All you need to do is add a false prefix and the box can never phone Sky! It is that easy ->> Press 'Services' Press '4' (system setup) Press '0' then '1' then 'select' (to activate 'secret' menu) Press '3' (telephone settings) Scroll to 'Dialing prefix' Enter a prefix of your choice (NOT 999 or 112, you don't want the fire brigade round your house at 2am!) Scroll to 'Save New Settings' Done! Now the box will just get an error message when attempting to send Sky your viewing information.

Unlocking Sky Box Office FREE SKY BOX OFFICE:

(1) Go to a box office channel (2) Press select (3) It will now ask you for your pin number do not put this in yet (4) Unplug your digital box from the telephone line (5) Now enter your pin number _ _ _ _ this is the last four digits on your sky card (6) Your picture will now come on (7) When you have watched you movie or sport event (8) Switch off your sky digital box from the mains for 5 min's (9) Switch your box back on then plug your telephone back in this method Will reset your digital box so sky will not know you have watched Anything happy viewing If the first 2 methods do not work then use this method, this works on nearly all boxes

Unlocking Sky Box Office

Sky does know about this loophole but they also can't fix it, not for the foreseeable future anyway. Here are the steps to get your free PPV's. Enjoy! 1. Locate your phone line going into the back of the Sky box. 2. Cut through this phone line anywhere (about 3/4 length down) 3. Strip it and you will see 4 wires. Keep the black and red on one side and the green and yellow on the other. 4. Throw the other bit of the phone line that goes into the wall away or keep it if you like but you'll have no need for it. 5. Now you need one of the 9V oblong batteries (75p) and you can use one of those PP3 Battery connectors (20p). 6. Put the red and the back wires on one side of the battery and the green and yellow wires on the other 7. Hold it in place (or clip on the battery connector) then go to your box office film or whatever, pick it and put your pin it as usual, it won't charge you. If you get a "please connect telephone" message - you haven't stripped the wires enough, the battery is not connected or is dead. 8. After the screen clears you can disconnect the wires from the battery. You will never need to reconnect your phone line back to your TV. Sky updates through the satellite on your house and not through the phone line like some people think. 9.
    VERY IMPORTANT - Never reconnect your phone line back to your sky box or you will be charged for everything you have ordered using this method. Now every time you want to watch a PPV just repeat stages 6. 7. and 8.

and lastly the main reason for post is i cant believe some idiots would rather sell this info on ebay than post it for free.

Hidden Content
    Last edited by Collider; 22-05-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Unlock sky trick

Trouble is its not free forever. the card has a credit limit of around 35 and once used up there will be no more free movies!
    also if the box gets reset then it will call home. if a sky engineer pops round to fix problems then also he may correct the prefix.

My guess is even if you replaced the box its the card that is storing the info as the credit limit will be lower than it should be and there will be a discrepency on the account.

Thanks for the info but it is very old news and i cant believe people think its something new and even worse charging 99p for it on ebay?
    Spinifex.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Was there not a hack with a 9v battery doing the rounds a few years back doing the same thing?trouble was you had the same prob you could only order upto the box`s limit and as soon as you reconnected it back to the telephone line you would get charged.But thanks dirtydave (was going to call you DD then) not a good ideaHidden Content for the info and welcome to wod

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciatedHidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

lost if you read the entire article (it doesnt take long) the 9v is mentioned.

the best method is method 2 imho but as said the cards credit limit will stop you and when the phone is eventually reattached there will be a discrepency.
    its like fiddling your electric, when theres a discrepency or strange figures all of a sudden from your readings your in trouble and are charged the amount!
    the box does not store the info the card does, the box decodes what it means tho for viewing whats been ordered.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks for the info spini, like i say it was a long time ago that i heard about that trick

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciatedHidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Was just what i found as i have no idea on all things sky,thanks for the extra info clarifying the situation with this for other people on here.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dirtydave Hidden Content
    Was just what i found as i have no idea on all things sky,thanks for the extra info clarifying the situation with this for other people on here.
    Welcome to WOD

Enjoy.

Post Thanks
    Chats

All box office info is permanently stored on your sly card. Sly has now started giving different credit limits on sly cards some even as low as 10, so its not realy worth it.
    D I S C L A I M E R; My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, for educational purposes or testing only. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. The user Timoweb is not responsible for what you do with it!