Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

can you put a tv wall bracket onto a plasterboard wall ?

or does it need to be a concrete wall, its only a 32" telly for the bedroom so isn't that heavy ?
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: can you put a tv wall bracket onto a plasterboard wall ?

You shouldn't try hanging the bracket on plasterboard/drywall alone. There are vertical studs every 16" or 24" behind the plasterboard. You simply have to find two of those studs and hang the bracket on the wall while driving the screws through the bracket and plasterboard and on into the studs. You can just use one stud provided it lands in the center of the TV bracket. That will ensure your television doesn't fall off the wall. I hope that helps.

Check to make sure what type of wall you have , if you think the wall is plasterboard with brick behind it then you would simply drill through the plasterboard and fix onto the brick with rawlplugs . If it is an outside wall or a wall between you or a neighbours house it will have a brick or block wall behind the plasterboard.
    If it is an internal wall of stud partition construction ( which is plaster board on both sides fixed to a timber frame ) you will get a good fixing if you hit the wooden frame . Is Your bracket a fixed type where the tv is flat on the wall , or is it an arm which swings out. the latter may require real careful fixing as it puts more strain on the wall , if it is the first then a 32 inch tv ain't that heavy you know , and I would be happy using inter set fixings (they are metal With a bolt that when screwed up tight spreads the metal out and leaves a threaded fixing , the bolt can be removed and used for fixing the tv bracket . they are pretty damn srtong fixings . I used to use them for fixing storage heaters to walls and they were filled with bricks! never had one fall over ever .
    Remember if it is a fixed non armed Bracket once you have the tv on the wall most of the weight is pulling straight down vertically the wall not outward so your fixings dont take an incredible force.
    I have a 32 inch lcd tv so I know what weight it is and i wouldnt be worried if I used intersets on it as long as it wasnt an arm type bracket.

Blatantly copied and pasted from this
    Hidden Content
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Yep i agree with fergal however, our kitchen cupboard when full of tins is probably 4x heavier than an lcd tv anyday... (and most probably same with all of you too)

Use metal plasterboard rawl plug fixings

Hidden Content

This will do the job i reckon because our cupboard uses these, well they be ok until a friend or family decides to swing from your tv Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.