Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Sky reshuffles shows after Bravo closure

Sky has announced a reshuffle of its entertainment content lineup in response to the closure of Bravo, including Spartacus: Blood And Sand coming to Sky1.

On January 1, the Bravo channels - acquired by Sky last June as part of the ?160m deal to purchase the Living TV Group - ceased broadcasting on all digital TV platforms, including Sky and Virgin Media.

The satellite broadcaster opted to scrap long-running cable channel Bravo because it serves a similar demographic to Sky1. Channel One, previously Virgin1, will also shut down at some point this year.

Sky has reallocated some of Bravo's most popular programmes to its other entertainment channels, starting with Spartacus: Blood And Sand moving to Sky1.

Other Bravo shows to find a new home on Sky will include Leverage, Dog The Bounty Hunter, Star Trek, TNA Wrestling, Sun, Sea And A & E, Motorway Patrol, Highway Patrol and Caribbean Cops.

More details will be supplied shortly, and viewers can use Sky's Never Miss service to sign up for updates on when the shows will return and on which channel.
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Sky reshuffles shows after Bravo closure

I contacted Sly about this reshuffle just before Christmas, as their prices are about to rise and we will receive less channels.
    They gave me a similar answer to nao's post.
    Now as a wrestling fan I used to watch TNA on Bravo and I was also told it would be incorporated in another channel.
    Checking the listings I find that is not true.
    Sly have added yet another dumb pay extra sports channel, which shows cartoons FFS, as well as skateboarding and other very minority sports. Hidden in that line up is a one hour recap TNA program, not the two hour recorded live event I am used to watching on Bravo! So I am expected to pay extra for yet more crap so that I can watch just one hour a week of a highlights show!
    That stinks and when One and the Living channels close as expected later in the year, which Sly curiously refused to answer questions on, we will get even less for more! Hidden Content
    No shortage of shopping channels, phone in sex stations and gambling addictions though, so its not like they're short of airspace.

My Sly subscription ends in February, so it looks like I have an easy decision to make as to whether its worth carrying on with them.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Diablo13 Hidden Content
    I contacted Sly about this reshuffle just before Christmas, as their prices are about to rise and we will receive less channels.
    They gave me a similar answer to nao's post.
    Now as a wrestling fan I used to watch TNA on Bravo and I was also told it would be incorporated in another channel.
    Checking the listings I find that is not true.
    Sly have added yet another dumb pay extra sports channel, which shows cartoons FFS, as well as skateboarding and other very minority sports. Hidden in that line up is a one hour recap TNA program, not the two hour recorded live event I am used to watching on Bravo! So I am expected to pay extra for yet more crap so that I can watch just one hour a week of a highlights show!
    That stinks and when One and the Living channels close as expected later in the year, which Sly curiously refused to answer questions on, we will get even less for more! Hidden Content
    No shortage of shopping channels, phone in sex stations and gambling addictions though, so its not like they're short of airspace.

My Sly subscription ends in February, so it looks like I have an easy decision to make as to whether its worth carrying on with them.
    Yep i had a call today but i told them my contract ends 21 march and the way you are going to changed things i cannot see my self renewing my contract all they said was ok ty for your time lmfao.
    PLEASE, support this charity Help for Heroes
    If this post has helped you please hit the thanks button below ty

Post Thanks
    Chats

How very helpful of them nao! Hidden Content
    Since we signed up on the half price deal they have, removed the Arts channels from my HD package, disabled the Anytime function, reduced the number of available channels and increased their prices!
    They have also increased the recording disk size from 500gb to 1000gb for new HD customers.
    If you want the bigger capacity box it will cost you ?249 plus delivery, which amounts to a lot of money for what amounts to just a bigger hard drive, which would cost about 50 quid to buy separately and fit yourself!
    Non of which bodes well for the future! Hidden Content

IF
    I can negotiate a further price reduction for the future, I may stick with them a bit longer to see how all the changes pan out. Especially with the advertised Atlantic channel coming soon because there are no details yet of programming or any additional costs?
    To be honest I have been very happy with the Sly service over the last year.
    It is just such a pity they make no effort whatsoever to keep their existing customers, which with no extra installation costs to them, would surely make much more sense?