Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

pace 100 gone down

hi can any one help please have pace 100 with fun card its just gone down iam in manchester area ex c/w any help would be great thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: pace 100 gone down

Manchester including Swinton, Salford, Stretford, Wigan, are now on 3.7 and Ashton, Bolton, Burnley, Macclesfield, Runcorn, Stockport and Warrington set to receive new cards so will be going fully to N3 soon

does your box boot to the fta channel?
    does you get a card error switching from BBC1 to ITV?
    has your box updated to cr 3.7?
    what error if any do you get on a premium channel like 511?
    have you tried the shanti fix for the fun card?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

thanks for getting back to me its my mums box so i need to see whats what if the box has not updated how do i do this how do i find out if its on 3.7 how long do you think we will be hit by n3 in the areas you have listed many thanks will get back to my post once i have the box in my hands

Post Thanks
    Chats

your first thing to find out is does it boot to a channel, if not what error do you get,

if it does boot use the remote and go to the home page and then settings, then Technical stuff, press red to scroll down till you find "Software Version", the first two digits will be your code revision, hopefully 3_7

assuming it has booted got to 103 to view ITV then go to 511 to view SLY sports 1 (do you get a blank screen but can see the program guide or do you get an error like "not subscribed"

how long, who knows?, there is a list on here of all areas, have a look
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.

Post Thanks
    Chats

my pace box has went off aswell, i cant get any channels whatsoever, when i go to technical stuff my software revision is P1.3_6_12knowp13, does this mean the box needs updated ? if so how can i do this ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

sorry, also all my channells have lost their order if that makes any sence

Post Thanks
    Chats

yes it does make sense, for some reason the older 1000 boxes either update to 3.7 or just hang on 3.6 , (the atmels are all the same size on these boxes so did throw me, guess its just down to old 1000's even tho they can update to 3.6)

boot to the eng menu and see that your signal is ok, (meaning your tuner is ok also, and will be handy to see later as i believe a reset will stop the signal showing here)

now you can try a forced code download by doing the 4321 trick but to be honest it would have updated by now if it could, even with the talk back disabled

you will also find on the listing you have sly sports 4, meaning the guide is corrupt

so two choices left,

one is to reflash the atmels with a working image, but to be blunt if you have to ask how to fix this you wont have the equipment to do it, plus its not the easiest thing to do

so your only real choice is to fully reset the box BUT as the atmels are corrupt and your signal will disappear and just show a 0dB snr as if the feed isn't connected,

so what to do?

try 4321 if not then

if you dont get any channels especially fta, like bbc1 or itv (remove and ignore the card at this stage), i would try and reset the box as you have nothing to lose,

if then the box returns a bad signal in the eng menu (which will be fake if you have a signal before) throw it away Hidden Content

please note once you reset your box you will need a serial lead and an rs232 port on your pc and a funcard and a programmer to reset the netid

feel free to post back any questions
    D I S C L A I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

ok thanks for the help, the signal is ok
    when i try the 4321 how log should the update take ? if its going to update at all

other than that ill bin the old thing, i just dont want to buy another box with n3 round the corner

thanks again

Post Thanks
    Chats

an update takes place straight away and is shown by rolling numbers on the led screen of the box, if you get a rolling listing on your tv and it keeps rolling to the same values then its not updating but in an update loop,
    some boxes just wont update to 3.7
    D I S C L A I M E R