Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Bosch washing machine WFL2260

Help wanted, I have a bosch washing machine which is very noisy from the drum, I wondered if it was a big job to change the bearing also does anyone know to a repair manual for this model

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Bosch washing machine WFL2260

If it was anything like my daughters that i had to replace a few years ago then yes.I had to use a hammer to separate the drum shaft on the drum, from the bearings(not a good idea as i could of damaged the spindle put a piece of wood over the end first), a large three arm puller (with the grab ends locked behind the edges of the spider, between the spokes)would be a better idea.The only prob with that is chances are you will never need to use it again ,you could hire one but imo after you have hired out the stuff you need it might be cheaper to get someone out to do it, give a few places a ring get some quotes first at least then you get a warranty.

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Arkwrights Hidden Content
    Help wanted, I have a bosch washing machine which is very noisy from the drum, I wondered if it was a big job to change the bearing also does anyone know to a repair manual for this model
    There are four variants to your appliance, this will be identified by the Enr number located inside your door frame or on the back of the appliance.
    Follow this link to pick your appliance, exploded diagrams and parts.
    Hidden Content
    Your appliance is not the external spider boss type the other poster has worked on, it is of the split tub variant so you will need a minimum parts list of the 2 bearings, water seal and tub seal. You may need the drum spider (internal) if the shaft is pitted badly.
    The job is in my opinion far too big for a novice but the Bosch appliance is worth saving from the scrapyard and could be repaired with some skill.
    Hidden Content
    “When you help someone up the hill, you are closer to the top yourself.”Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Recently ditched my Bosch machine after many years of faithful service and discovered the Hotpoint factory shop in Peterborough - They sell all sorts of factory seconds for Hotpoint and indesit at big reductions - I saved ?100 on a top of the range hotpoint just because it had a mark on the side panel at the back (which will never be seen) - also staff really friendly and you pick up and drive away - worth a look if in cambridgeshire - impressed with quality of new machine - google hotpoint factory shop peterborough

Post Thanks
    Chats

if you need a three legged puller ask some one you know who messes around with cars, they are very common - or ask to borror one from your local garage