Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Sammy help req'd

I have a sammy 2100 which seems to have gone haywire. It displays Ld00, Ld03, Ld20, Ld30 then goes onto PL00, PL15, PL30 and PL40 before going back and starting the sequence again. I have tried getting into the engineers menu to check if its updated but it wont go into the menu. I am using a fun in a pure area. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Sammy help req'd

first thing is to remove the fun until the box boots,

remove the feed and try to get into the eng menu ( ^v till LD14) and wait for a minute or so,

if not and it still fails to load then it sounds like a cap has blown, open it up and look for raised lids on the caps,

if you still cant find any problems then its time to reset the box, short the battery with a piece of wire to reset the box and then allow it to auto set as your in pure

post back m8
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Had the card out but still no update. Also tried resetting by shorting the battery but still the same.

Post Thanks
    Chats

sounds like your sdram is corrupt or a cap or two have blown
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.

Post Thanks
    Chats

What is a sdram? and how can I check it. I have had the lid off and no obvious problems but where are the caps and can you visually tell if they have blown. Thanks for your help!

Post Thanks
    Chats

does anyone know if this could be battery related. I've shorted it but still no luck and was wondering if the battery is duff?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by smasher Hidden Content
    does anyone know if this could be battery related. I've shorted it but still no luck and was wondering if the battery is duff?
    how can it be battery related, the battery is there to retain the netid, frequency, pin and http address for the box, check the battery is between 2.7volt dc and 3.3 volt dc, but that very rare for a battery to fail, a little test is the set the pin to get **** then power the box off for 5 minutes and the boot to the eng menu, if the pin is still at **** then the battery is ok as it would revert to 0000 if it was at fault

this is why shorting the battery put the sdram back to its default, as its a non volatile memory

once you have shorted the battery you would have booted to the eng menu to find the netid has changed to 09999 and pin to 0000,

if that was done and as your in pure you just set the frequency if needed and then power the box off, connect the cable feed and then power the box back on and allow it to tune and auto update, depending on the signal strength would depend on how long that would take
    D I S C L A I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

For some reason the box still wont reboot and it won't even go into the engineers menu. I have tried holding the up and down buttons numerous times and it wont work. The display is the same as on my original post. I know there has been an update in my area and this problem coincided with the update. thanks for you help in this matter.