Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

no air bike tyres ???

i have heard that there is bicycle tyres that you cant puncture etc, its been years since ive been near a bike, but iam gonna buy one, specially if they have tyres like that, do they ??

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: no air bike tyres ???

Hidden Content

i dont even mind if the ride is firmer and/or heavier, small price to pay so long as you dont ride far or up steep hills in my opinion., there again , i may be wrong.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by thomson Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    i dont even mind if the ride is firmer and/or heavier, small price to pay so long as you dont ride far or up steep hills in my opinion., there again , i may be wrong.
    They look ok for use on mountain bike, with the equivelant psi of 60-70lb's. On something like a racer I normally ride with 110psi in my tyres. It might be worth you looking at kevlar reinfored tyres, a lot more puncture resistance.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Sicilian Hidden Content
    They look ok for use on mountain bike, with the equivelant psi of 60-70lb's. On something like a racer I normally ride with 110psi in my tyres. It might be worth you looking at kevlar reinfored tyres, a lot more puncture resistance.
    ahhh Hidden Content , tell me more mate. (p.s, it would be a mountain bike anyway)

Post Thanks
    Chats

ahhh Hidden Content , tell me more mate. (p.s, it would be a mountain bike anyway)
    When I say look ok, I mean the tread paterns look ok & the psi equivalant is about what I'd expect. I use around 60psi on my mountain bike, off road & hard trails.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

so basically what i want to know is "are the puncturless tyres ok for light use" ??

the bike/s would only be getting used for very small journeys maybe once or twice a week, you know like just to stretch the legs a bit, thats all, nuffin too adventurous or tiring, Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

so basically what i want to know is "are the puncturless tyres ok for light use" ??
    the bike/s would only be getting used for very small journeys maybe once or twice a week, you know like just to stretch the legs a bit, thats all, nuffin too adventurous or tiring, Hidden Content
    To be completely honest with you, I wouldn't waste your money. I riden for hundreds of miles on road, off road & only ever had one puncture Hidden Content

Thats both on my road bike & mountain bike.