Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: av sender

Post Thanks
    Chats

av sender

anyone recomend an av sender for the dm500 (clone) ive tried this Hidden Content also ive tried this phillips slv3100 and they both dont seemed
    to work,has anyone managed to get their av sender to work with a dm 500
    info much appreciated
    secrets of the dbox >>>Hidden Content

if you find the posts are helpfull....click the thanks button....it dont cost anything

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: av sender

SCART can be uni- ('half' SCART) and bi-directional ('full' SCART). Assuming that it's a unidirectional SCART sender+receiver setup it's possible that you have them the wrong way round - of course they could be labeled the wrong way round too.

If you live in an area with a high wireless saturation have a look at the 5.8GHz senders rather than the 2.4GHz senders.
    Last edited by little_pob; 10-08-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by little_pob Hidden Content
    SCART can be uni- ('half' SCART) and bi-directional ('full' SCART). Assuming that it's a unidirectional SCART sender+receiver setup it's possible that you have them the wrong way round - of course they could be labeled the wrong way round too.

If you live in an area with a high wireless saturation have a look at the 5.8GHz senders rather than the 2.4GHz senders.
    i dont think i had them set up wrong connected the the transmitter sender to the box via the scart
    on it and connected the reciever to the second tv which is upstairs and all i got was a blank black screen,changed the freq on the sender and reeciever,when i first got me dm 600 i used Technika AV Sender Hidden Content then i sold it along with dbox,and i knew that works with the dm600,but i dunno if it work with dm500 its a shame that argoose stop selling these ones
    secrets of the dbox >>>Hidden Content

if you find the posts are helpfull....click the thanks button....it dont cost anything

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hmm. Some ideas you might want to try before calling it quits...

Making sure the receiver and sender are synced or both on the same frequency (depending on the setup), try with a TV and the DM500 in the same room (if possible). If it works you have interference from some where. Common causes include:
    • houses built in before the 60's and painted with lead based paint.
    • houses built or repaired with foil backed plaster board (not so much a UK problem).
    • high levels of 2.4GHz frequency cross talk causing interference. Do you use wifi and get an unusually high signal drop the further away from the access point you get?

If it doesn't work with the TV and DM500 in the same room it might be worth another piece of AV equipment (e.g. DVD player). If that works then it is the fault of the DM500.

If they don't then either it's likely that some part of the sender equipment is faulty.