Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Question DREAMBOX DM500-C FROM EBAY hellllllp

Hi guys

I apologise now for being thick stupid and a fool, but i purchaised a dream box from ebay last week it is a dm500-c so the right kind of box for what i needed.

And it has been flashed with an image called the gemini project, i already have my own dreambox dm500-c with neutrino on it it works a treat but this new one is for the farther in law and guess what it looks like the guy has messed up the image on it and the thing has files deleted etc etc ??

i need help getting the box back up and running can anyone help me??? maybe with reflashing the box or just tell me where to put the rom images etc etc you see my dreambox is very simple ftp to it then tranfer the rom images in var/etc etc and it works every time but think this one be messed with ???

how do i reflash firmware etc or do i even need to do that please help as im pulling my hair out .

the box does scan and find all channels but remains subbed channels are blank and you can only see freeview
    the firmware ius version 3.6.0 gemini project

kindest rgds in advance stuart

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: DREAMBOX DM500-C FROM EBAY hellllllp

can you not make a backup of your image and put that on it?
    PLEASE, support this charity Help for Heroes
    If this post has helped you please hit the thanks button below ty

Post Thanks
    Chats

How would i do that matey i dont know how to any idea be good if i could that would solve all the problems
    regards stu pot

Post Thanks
    Chats

install keys and hopefully yu will have a backup copy of your enigma folder ???

also download the evocamd file from the blue menu
    Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

No idea with a D500 m8 try searching in that section may help you
    PLEASE, support this charity Help for Heroes
    If this post has helped you please hit the thanks button below ty

Post Thanks
    Chats

guys im dead thick and dont know how to do these things any help would be great a step by step type thing im fine with but my brain all fried at the min ???
    help help Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Stuzza Hidden Content
    Hi guys
    I apologise now for being thick stupid and a fool, but i purchaised a dream box from ebay last week it is a dm500-c so the right kind of box for what i needed.
    And it has been flashed with an image called the gemini project, i already have my own dreambox dm500-c with neutrino on it it works a treat but this new one is for the farther in law and guess what it looks like the guy has messed up the image on it and the thing has files deleted etc etc ??
    i need help getting the box back up and running can anyone help me??? maybe with reflashing the box or just tell me where to put the rom images etc etc you see my dreambox is very simple ftp to it then tranfer the rom images in var/etc etc and it works every time but think this one be messed with ???
    how do i reflash firmware etc or do i even need to do that please help as im pulling my hair out .
    the box does scan and find all channels but remains subbed channels are blank and you can only see freeview
    the firmware ius version 3.6.0 gemini project
    kindest rgds in advance stuart

If you have flash a gemini image to a clone dreambox 500c, then you have bricked the box, clone boxes do not like gemini image at all, so i`m told m8
    .................................................. .................................................. .
    LIFE`S A BITCH .......... THEN YOU DIE !!

NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY.... NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

heres the standard firmware from dream media for the d500

hope this helps

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

hi guys just tried to restore the 2nd box from my dreambox and it froze now its dead any ideas how to bring it back to life can i reflash it some other way
    kindest regards stuart

Post Thanks
    Chats

hi guys just tried to restore the 2nd box from my dreambox and it froze now its dead any ideas how to bring it back to life can i reflash it some other way
    kindest regards stuart
    you'll have to use dreamup, connected to pc with serial cable.

To back up the image from orig box, telnet into it the use this commaned: -

cat /dev/mtd/3 > /tmp/backup.img

This backup command works with enigma based images, not sure about neutrion images, give it a go. It is works you will have a backup in /tmp/, transfer to pc then flash to second box.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Question Dreambox Dm500c Help

Hi guys me again well i have bought this dreambox dm500-c from ebay and the thing never worked right so have reflashed the image about a million times and it powers up and gets the free to air channels but nothing else i have deleted all that was in folder VAR/KEYS nad supposedly put new key info in and still black screen can anyone help as im well confused been on this horrible little box since yest maybe it is a fake box because got a different type tunner in than the one in front room can anyone please helkp me i no im thick sorry in advance

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Dreambox Dm500c Help

Hi guys me again well i have bought this dreambox dm500-c from ebay and the thing never worked right so have reflashed the image about a million times and it powers up and gets the free to air channels but nothing else i have deleted all that was in folder VAR/KEYS nad supposedly put new key info in and still black screen can anyone help as im well confused been on this horrible little box since yest maybe it is a fake box because got a different type tunner in than the one in front room can anyone please helkp me i no im thick sorry in advance
    You metioned var/keys. Have you added the files to var/scee ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Have you put your evocamd in it`s folder and have you chmod it to 755 ??, has the keys got the november fix in it ?? [ narga 7 ]
    .................................................. .................................................. .
    LIFE`S A BITCH .......... THEN YOU DIE !!

NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY.... NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

If you have a working box why not just use an image backup from that box onto the "problem box"?

Post Thanks
    Chats

I've merged your threads to keep this issue in one place & to keep track of what you have done. Pointless having 2 threads on the same issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

make a back up of your working box using flash wizard pro and the flash it onto the problem box also using flash wizard