Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

buying a dreambox 500c

Hi
    I have been playing with dboxes for a while now thought I would give dreamboxes a go. I seen a site 'dvbmonkey' selling dreambox 500c for under ?60. Can anyone give me any feedback on this seller? Anyone bought from this seller? It does mention that they are shipped from China so guess they are clones but they should still work with the latest images right? Any info much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: buying a dreambox 500c

I bought from them early December. First time so was bit apprehensive. Item took quite a while to arrive due to the owner being in jail for not declaring correct value on packaging. He was very apologetic and item arrived shortly after his release. I would buy again at the price, communication was good, and yes, they are clones as no genuine dm500's are being made and have not been for quite a while. So it is likely all sellers are now selling clones. No problem with image loading.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by s0000 Hidden Content
    Hi
    I have been playing with dboxes for a while now thought I would give dreamboxes a go. I seen a site 'dvbmonkey' selling dreambox 500c for under ?60. Can anyone give me any feedback on this seller? Anyone bought from this seller? It does mention that they are shipped from China so guess they are clones but they should still work with the latest images right? Any info much appreciated. Thanks in advance
    I've heard dvbseller is reliable. One thing though, I've that its best to use ems shipping to avoid customs charges. I know if you use DHL shipping you will receive a customs invoice.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by plymbrew Hidden Content
    I bought from them early December. First time so was bit apprehensive. Item took quite a while to arrive due to the owner being in jail for not declaring correct value on packaging. He was very apologetic and item arrived shortly after his release. I would buy again at the price, communication was good, and yes, they are clones as no genuine dm500's are being made and have not been for quite a while. So it is likely all sellers are now selling clones. No problem with image loading.

dvbmonkey and dvbseller both look the same company. Anyways thanks for this info, just wanted to ask how much shipping charge was? dvbseller EMS shipping is ?30+ just wanted to do a comparison with it but need to sign up. Thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

dvbmonkey and dvbseller both look the same company. Anyways thanks for this info, just wanted to ask how much shipping charge was? dvbseller EMS shipping is ?30+ just wanted to do a comparison with it but need to sign up. Thanks
    They are two different companies.
    Last edited by Sicilian; 15-01-2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: typo
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I went with the DHL delivery at about ?15, did not get any further charges.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by plymbrew Hidden Content
    I went with the DHL delivery at about ?15, did not get any further charges.
    Well you must have been lucky Hidden Content

I purchased two 500S boxes, couple of weeks later got a 16 quid customs charge. Loads of peeps have reported this.

You pays your money & takes your chances Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Sicilian, how much did you pay for shipping before the customs charge?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Sicilian, how much did you pay for shipping before the customs charge?
    Cant remember tbh, but its all on the site.

You could win a Openmedia 500CS for just a ?2.00 stake here Hidden Content and its for a good cuase.
    Last edited by Sicilian; 19-01-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added stuff

Post Thanks
    Chats

Talking Re: buying a dreambox 500c

just got one of these what do you guys thing is the best image for this box

thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by mcsuk Hidden Content
    just got one of these what do you guys thing is the best image for this box
    thanks
    Theres no best image. There lots of images about, try them & make your own mind up. Some have more features than others.

PLi images are a good simple, stable and clean image to start with.

Post Thanks
    Chats

To add to the last post please leave feedback to help the image creators good or bad Hidden Content
    PLEASE, support this charity Help for Heroes
    If this post has helped you please hit the thanks button below ty

Post Thanks
    Chats

Any of the images available on our favourite toolbar work well. Remember to apply any fix that is required and use the correct area channel search.

Post Thanks
    Chats

This thread has been going for 6 months now!!!! Is there any mileage left in it? All info is available elsewhere so should we close it?