Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Question Got a 600pvr need some info if possible

Hi peeps got myself a dm600pvr hhd attached after having a play around with the 500 for the last few weeks but in looking there really is not that many images that I can see off or is there,,so what im asking is anyone that has had one used one or can give me a few pointers in the right direction would be very gratefull regarding your favorite image you used im round all the forums im in trying to read far to much and my head is done in now so if you can help abit it would be great and if not not to worry I will find it eventually thanks in advance,
    Mickyrobbo

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Got a 600pvr need some info if possible

if the 600 is a clone one avoid gemini image 4.??? cos they have a time bomb
    which corrupts the boot up sector,if its a genuine 600 it be ok

i use pli on mine,one is a modded version by mr dude,the other is pli jade latest
    version
    secrets of the dbox >>>Hidden Content

if you find the posts are helpfull....click the thanks button....it dont cost anything

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Imo I'd say the older PLi Iolite is one of the best images. You can setup a 7 day epg using the SQlite plugin.

Jade images tend to have lag using the SQlite epg plugin.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thumbs up Re: Got a 600pvr need some info if possible

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Sicilian Hidden Content
    Imo I'd say the older PLi Iolite is one of the best images. You can setup a 7 day epg using the SQlite plugin.
    Thanks m8 was playing about with the pli jage image on the dm500 looks good but think it was only for sat as it would not clear for me even after putting the door openers in both bin an sces folders, as it would not work in the bin ,although I had all the epg for all channels and fta was working on it anyway thanks again m8
    Mickyrobbo

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

i use a modded enigma image by mr dude sic gave me ,never had any problem with it ,picture is gr8,now and next works lovely ,in fact its a nice image
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

Well guys bought it yesterday got it today very good postage and am happy enough although the remote fells like its on its way out got it of ebay payed a fair bit of money for it but less than 12 hours delivery so I will just get a new one. The image that was on it was jade 20080717 pretty good looking image,,I like the different osd skin changes on it, done all that needed done to it and got everything I needed and more ,,one thing I noticed was after I done a scan I now have 2 of everthing in the services but different provider numbers and they work hmmm,anyway there is no manual with it so im more or lees playing blind with ,got it recording and looks great was able to find the videos play them and delete them and,,can the 600 record one channel and watch another as I had read this in the forums as when I was recording I could not change channel??? I have made a backup of the image I have seen posts and read tuts on backing up through telnet ,,but can I not just use the usaual Dreamup and dreambox edit to back up my image and bouquets ,,well I know dreambox edit is ok as I was able to put my own services backup onto the 600 any any thoughts will be grand
    Mickyrobbo

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hi sic M8 in going through the setting,s on this image it has 11 days epg in the menu but you can set it up to 11 days which seems to much and dont think it would even work to tell you the truth or is this the same in your image but its just trouble free working it at 7 days ,,1 day does me anyway Hidden Content but its good to know the difference
    Mickyrobbo

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by mickyrobbo Hidden Content
    Hi sic M8 in going through the setting,s on this image it has 11 days epg in the menu but you can set it up to 11 days which seems to much and dont think it would even work to tell you the truth or is this the same in your image but its just trouble free working it at 7 days ,,1 day does me anyway Hidden Content but its good to know the difference
    Mickyrobbo
    Have u installed the SQlite epg plugin via the blue button download menu?
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Have u installed the SQlite epg plugin via the blue button download menu?
    Have downloaded any plugin m8 cant see it in the blue button menu only to enable how many days you want to have epg for,,,not worried m8,,do you know who is the best for to buy the twin tuners from for the recording m8,

Post Thanks
    Chats

No theres another plugin in the download menu, cant remember exactelly what is called. Will check my sat box this evening.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Unhappy Re: Got a 600pvr need some info if possible

Hi sic m8 I get up first thing this morning and opened the box it has the removable tunner so thats my next thing to get now more money for the twin tunner so does that mean that its a real dm600 then ,,I still have not been able to get my backup from it so a lot more reading ,,I tried telnet,and Dcc,, ftp and cannot get a back up from it,it is telling me that dreambox bootmanager not found when I use Dcc,,and when using Dreamup it is telling me that the box is in networked HTTP mode how do I turn this off as I have tried in the network settings on the box and it will not let me make a backup off it ,,I really want to get this image backed up before I do any playing with it thanks for your help,you dont have a tut on doing this mate by any chance as I got know manuals with it at all and Have done as much reading as I possibly can in a few days
    Mickyrobbo

Post Thanks
    Chats

Wink Re: Got a 600pvr need some info if possible

Hi just an update about my troubles with my new dm600pvr after reading the whole day yesterday eventually got it backed up and am now ready to bust my last 2 braincells on how to mount remount recording and eveything else there is to do Hidden Content ,,got this year off to a great start bought 2 dreamboxs the dm500c not to bad to work with a couple of days and you can get the jist of it ,but it looks like I have months of learning on this dm600pvr I never new there was so much jargon on them and so many ways to talk to your box so my ps3 will be on hold for a while see ya,s around the forum im sure I must say they are really not for the faint hearted :Hidden Content :
    Mickyrobbo

Post Thanks
    Chats

Question Re: Got a 600pvr need some info if possible

Hi Sic m8 took your advice and put on the Pli Lolite image and must agree its very good and the epg is working grand m8,,I have read that the pli images are the only ones with now and next EPG ,,so its here were I will be staying with ,,cant belieave how easy it is to download and update the box after you get the jist of it , thnks for you info m8
    Mickyrobbo