Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: unbricking psp

Post Thanks
    Chats

unbricking psp

Ok, i've bought a pandora battery, i've tried loads of software on the memory card including the Pandora_s_Box_GUI
    when i put the memory card and pandora battery in all i get is a constant green light nothing else happens no memory card flashing light.
    DO i have to "mspformat" the memory card in a working psp or can it be done in my laptop as i have been doing it in my lappy. and the memory card is a pro duo magic gate
    Thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: unbricking psp

Have a really good read here Hidden Content Read it step by step, slowly to make sure you dont miss anything.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks Sicilian, the only problem is i dont have another psp at the moment was hoping i could do it by just inserting it into my laptop's card reader. I'll have to get hold of my cousins psp and do it on the weekend.
    chears

Post Thanks
    Chats

You've lost me as you dont need another psp.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I thought that you only needed another psp if you have got to create a pandora battery but seeing as though you have one you should be able to do it without another one.

Post Thanks
    Chats

In the instructions under Magic Memory Stick Creation it mentiones to connect a psp to the pc :-

" Prepare the memory stick by
    Connecting your PSP to the PC via USB cable and enable USB from the XMB
    On the PC open dos box (start, run, cmd, ok"

? On the PSP close the USB connection

? Re-connect your PSP to the PC via USB cable and enable USB from the XMB"

Post Thanks
    Chats

hi i can confirm that i have made 2 magic mem cards now for a Pandora battery a version 3.71m33 and a 4.01m33 one and i have tried every way poss in making them and can confirm that the only way i could get them working was with a hacked 3.71 psp not sure if it need the 3.71m33 firmware on but am sure it needs to be a hacked firmware and also on the 4.01m33 magic mem stick you need to hold the down key on the psp when you put the pandora battery in to make that mem card activate

hope this help

Cozmo

Post Thanks
    Chats

Cozmo is spot on and i'll second what hes said, sorted my psp today using another psp with custom firmware on, no other way was possible for me
    Thanks guys

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by cozmo Hidden Content
    hi i can confirm that i have made 2 magic mem cards now for a Pandora battery a version 3.71m33 and a 4.01m33 one and i have tried every way poss in making them and can confirm that the only way i could get them working was with a hacked 3.71 psp not sure if it need the 3.71m33 firmware on but am sure it needs to be a hacked firmware and also on the 4.01m33 magic mem stick you need to hold the down key on the psp when you put the pandora battery in to make that mem card activate

hope this help

Cozmo
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by dil Hidden Content
    Cozmo is spot on and i'll second what hes said, sorted my psp today using another psp with custom firmware on, no other way was possible for me
    Thanks guys
    Follows the instructions on my sticky. You do not need a hacked second psp to make a magic memory stick. Just follow them to the t.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Sicilian Hidden Content
    Follows the instructions on my sticky. You do not need a hacked second psp to make a magic memory stick. Just follow them to the t.
    Sicilian sorry m8 wasent saying you were wrong as i said the only way I as in me could get the magic mem stick creation to work was with a second psp with hacked firmware but that i guess it just me but i must say i did try on a number of time to make one from a mem card reader on a xp p.c and just wouldnt happen for me and also with dil saying that the psp he had was bricked i guessed that he could not use it hacked or not to make magic mem stck as i guess it dose not boot so he would not be able to connect it to the p.c with the usb.

Cozmo
    Last edited by cozmo; 15-09-2008 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by cozmo Hidden Content
    Sicilian sorry m8 wasent saying you were wrong as i said the only way I as in me could get the magic mem stick creation to work was with a second psp with hacked firmware but that i guess it just me but i must say i did try on a number of time to make one from a mem card reader on a xp p.c and just wouldnt happen for me and also with dil saying that the psp he had was bricked i guessed that he could not use it hacked or not to make magic mem stck as i guess it dose not boot so he would not be able to connect it to the p.c with the usb.

Cozmo
    stupid me, :Hidden Content : I should've read the title closer :Hidden Content :