Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: eeePC

Post Thanks
    Chats

eeePC

anyone else on this forum have an eeePC? i got one the other week after spending ages waiting to get one from a uk store i decided to get one off ebay since they are so hard to source.. they are damn good. Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: eeePC

ive considered gettin one as i use a tablet pc... but still not sure, have u seen the pocket surfer? bloody rubbish things Hidden Content .

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by blaster Hidden Content
    ive considered gettin one as i use a tablet pc... but still not sure, have u seen the pocket surfer? bloody rubbish things Hidden Content .
    If your used to a tablet wait for the 900 version of the Eee. It'll have touch screen and probably be sporting XP.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by little_pob Hidden Content
    If your used to a tablet wait for the 900 version of the Eee. It'll have touch screen and probably be sporting XP.
    any idea of the price?, i got a 704 archos wifi but its limited to movies really and wifi not to great

Post Thanks
    Chats

Whats so good about these eepc's? I dont get it, they are just small laptops.. tiny SSD storage, no optical, slow cpu.. and high price for what they are

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by luptort Hidden Content
    any idea of the price?, i got a 704 archos wifi but its limited to movies really and wifi not to great
    No idea. I think they're slated for a H2 release, which is to say they'll be out sometime in the second half of the 08/09 tax year - probably just in time for Christmas.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by JayUK7 Hidden Content
    Whats so good about these eepc's? I dont get it, they are just small laptops.. tiny SSD storage, no optical, slow cpu.. and high price for what they are
    Its an ultra affordable, 7" sub-notebook.

Yes, it comes with linux but that doesn't stop you putting XP on (the specs are just about enough). There are loads of hacks for them too.

Post Thanks
    Chats

The eeePC is a great little device. I would never dream of sticking XP on though. Linux is excellent. Hidden Content

The thing about the eeePC is the price for one thing. 200quid for a UMPC. Not only that but the quality of it is pretty amazing. As for the tiny SSD - thats true but I have a 16gig SD card mounted so my actual space is 20gig. Thats pretty much perfect. It's not a desktop replacement and if you run linux then its more than enough. I even have windowz xp running on a virtual machine on it from USB and autoroute :-)

I would wait for the 900 version though. Since it has a larger screen though :-)

Post Thanks
    Chats

I got one for my liitle girl on her bday. she loves it to bits. but one thing ive noticed is that crashes from time to time. i wouldnt even dream of putting XP on it. probably get away by putting 2k on it. overall its a stunning little system