Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: [DEV]Channel logos in Infobar

With what's going on behind the scenes at the mo- I thought this thread deserved a BUMP!

Did you guys clock what Speedy was on about in post #31 and just before? jpg format - hmmm...

Cheers- AL

Satsearching

I think a guy on Tuxbox (depends how well it translates) posted some diffs of "as far as he got" to get png working, don't know if anyone else has picked the task up though.

SS

fatman

wernt those compiled in the last image that Gav posted, the way I read it they were

Post Thanks
    Chats

Well png support for the channel logo would be ace! SS's existing 100x60 library from SS3 would do the trick nicely- and on nearly 200 logos, they average out at a mere 1kb each!

fatman

u tried png in that image.. shutdown.png should get you started, dunno if the logos will work though

Post Thanks
    Chats

shutdown.png doesn't work, m8- but maybe this has to be a certain HxW px size? png deffo no-go as channel logos. Cheers- AL

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hi,

a lot of stuff regrading the channel logos had been checked in last week and still some more stuff going on.

Not to sure about the png support but I have a read.

PT-1

Post Thanks
    Chats

Nice one, pt-1 m8! Two files of interest in the /lib folder are libpng12.so.6 and libjpeg.so.0

I suspect that the png support is limited to just the half dozen LCD graphics at the mo, although there's gossip about a shutdown.png being worked on too. But support for channel logos in png format (as already exists for Enigma) would be the holy grail...

And that jpeg file looks interesting, too! I'd love to know what that's all about.

Cheers- AL

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hmm- I just spotted this little gem in someone's Boot Log:

neutrino: /lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by neutrino)

I wonder if this is why we can't get shutdown.png to work?

Cheers- AL

Post Thanks
    Chats

i seen this so meny times m8 i was under the impression it was suppose to do it. but i see where your coming from.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Maybe the libjpeg is for the Webcams in Tuxwetter, they appear to be in Jpeg format. I've also noticed the no version information message and figured it was non-critical.

I've now integrated the new Diffs with what I had and completed a build, it's looking really good so far - I may be tempted to have a new release Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

...and maybe the libpng file is just for the LCD graphics, and possibly yWeb screenshots? AL

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by lincsat Hidden Content
    Maybe the libjpeg is for the Webcams in Tuxwetter, they appear to be in Jpeg format. I've also noticed the no version information message and figured it was non-critical.

I've now integrated the new Diffs with what I had and completed a build, it's looking really good so far - I may be tempted to have a new release Hidden Content
    M8 we dont have your last image in the downloads could you upload a copy of one withought keys roms .

it would be much appreciated

Post Thanks
    Chats

You can have it with pleasure - but, I released it with the Key ROM's and emu's in place but without the Autoupdate.key file. It doesn't update anything without that anyway. It's then just a case of the end user having to install the single file.

Al got it uploaded to mercs, you could link to there, get it from there and upload it here or I could upload it here - just let me know if it's OK as is

@Al, would you like the image I compiled yesterday with IDE support to mod & release as a size L image?

Post Thanks
    Chats

we can only upload clean images here m8. but i know where they are if i got time i will clean a 1x but they cant convert a 1x to a 2x as they are squashfs if i remember rightly.

wooooo ide drive menu that sounds intresting. wouldnt mind seeing how thats done Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

This image is JFFS2, I'm having problems with SquashFS giving bad magic bytes. I've used symlinks in the keys folder to merge the 2 different key file names. It should be safe to remove the ROM Bin files, but would need a note added to the readme to clarify what's missing.

Different forums have different rules about what's alowed. I figured that the Autoupdate.key, which is effectively the Management Key, was the best thing to remove - it does make the image only FTA Hidden Content

The image just has IDE support included in the build options, no configuration menu. It has the init_hdd.sh script to initialise a raw HDD - everything else is CVS standard

Post Thanks
    Chats

I really would love to see PNG Channel Logo's in a TV Only netrino image. It's something I've been trying to research for a fair few months, albeit mostly in German! Hidden Content

If it's possible that a bright spark comes up with a solution, I have the full VM Channel Logo's already awaiting in PNG formats. I'm updating my collection whenever a new one comes out.

Also, seeing as AL's managed a new image... (Nice one!) It's got me thinking that image creation cant be too difficult (hehe), so gonna start my hand at it over the next few weeks Hidden Content

Any help from the Image creating guru's to help me succeed would be hugley appreciated and welcomed.

Available on MSN & Skype if it would be easier Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

If anyone needs help translating just shout

Post Thanks
    Chats

@DejaVu: I didn't create the image, m8- Boyblue compiledthe base image for me, and I just modded it a bit. Well, a lot, actually...

Cheers- AL

Post Thanks
    Chats

And so the truth comes out! LOL.

Only kidding AL. I know you've put a serious load of work into your image and it is VERY appreicated.
    Finally, a tele box, that works just on my tele! LOL!

Anyways, my recent findings about this 'other extension' for Channel Logo's.

This is what I'm certain ARE facts about this area.

Firstly, RAW files are limited in colors and are currently supported by the most recent CVS. True?

Then, the Standyby (or Shutdown) image can be changed to use a PNG file format?! Correct?

A large discussion exists for this sorta thing in German (translated into dirty english - Hidden Content )

THEN! On a BIG Note. I've found a Satellite image, created by ruDBox that supports the showing of JPG's as Channel-Logo's, but for some reason, they like to keep there coding close to their chests. Image name = dbox_n16plus_squashfsjffs2_2x.zip. Not that I'm able to test it as I cant seem to re-configure it to work on my DBox. Hidden Content

I'm sure someone with a bit of coding savvy (unfortunately not me Hidden Content ) can musta something from that little lot perhaps?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123