Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: [DEV]Online Movie Player

Any Luck Freddy ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Still haven't received the confirmation, I can login but no rights to post yet! - I just emailed the webmaster about it.

Reading the post properly, someone said that VLC can't read a partially downloaded file in the format they're using (tried QuickTime on windows an had the same problem).
    I read somewhere else that .mov files have info at the end of the file(! - can someone confirm?) - so that would explain why a player can't do much with it until the file is completed.

There's ought to be an option in VLC to force the format of the video you want to play, I just need to double check the VLC website (or if someone knows).

According to info I gathered, the BBC using a 400Kps H.264 stream for the video and 116Kps AAC audio.

As usual I have little time to spare so I'm making slow progress! I hope that the BBC won't upgrade their security too soon!

Post Thanks
    Chats

I've made good progress with this (iplayer BBC) and can now have the php script to stream the mov file via VLC rather than downloading it completely.. there's still some adjustments to be made to play it via xamplite and neutrino movie player but I'm sure it's almost there!
    I'll need some help from the guy that wrote the initial php script (strawp) and since I still can't post in the xbmc board I was wondering if pt-1 (or anyone else that can post!) could do me a favour and post the following in the xbmc board thread posted by pt-1 earlier.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Strawp,
    Thanks for the great script. I played a bit with it because I wanted to be able to stream the .mov file using VLC. I thought I could use your script to get to the .mov file and act as a proxy to serve VLC with it. So I can now access the file via my local Apache server and open a link in VLC, something like Hidden Content (later on we can add ?pid=xxx to get to any .mov file... I've hardcoded Mad men for now, see why below) and I managed to get the .mov file to stream to VLC. The only problem is that the script needs to know before hand how big is the file $byte_to_send =174815984; was hardcoded to the right size of the Mad Men .mov file. I'm sure one can use curl to do a HEAD request to see how big is the file or something but I just couldn't work it out just yet and was wondering if you could help!
    I'm sure since you wrote the script that you won't any problems droping the new file on one of you website and test it by calling the URL via VLC (I'm suggesting to go view->messages just before so that you have a bit more information about what's going on, it can take up to 15 seconds to load) or just have a look at what I've changed ? I based the work on Hidden Content .
    There's a lot of commented lines in the code as I was trying to debug the whole thing, I really hope you can improve what I've done so that we can stream the content rather than having to have to download it.
    Here's attached your script that I have modified.
    Thanks,
    FreddyFr0g
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks
    Chats

Oh, yeahand whoever post this on the XBMC website, can they mentionned that I can't post anything (FreddyF0g user) - I can login but can't post because haven't received the confirmation code. Emailed admin via feedback link ad no response either... I double check the email I used and is definately correct! Thanks!

Post Thanks
    Chats

I didn't realise that Strawp had a blog, so I'm posting comments in it. You can follow the conversation there-> Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Pfuitt, it was hard enough!
    It's still beta and more a proof of concept rather than the complete solution but it will work nicely when it does (or at least for the little amount of tests I've done)!
    First thing, amend the php.ini file under the xampplite/php folder to enable curl. You do that by removing the semi colon from the beginning of the line
    Code:
    ;extension=php_curl.dll
    Check that you have your extension_dir correctly setup, it's the line that goes (for a windows box)
    Code:
    extension_dir = "<your-drive>:\xampplite\php\ext\"
    Then drop the 2 scripts attached in the usual scripts folder:
    BBC-iPlayer.php will be what calls the customised iplayer_stream.php (based on strawp php downloadable version), I hard-coded a few shows, it's quite easy to add new ones, all you have to do is to add a couple of lines in this format:
    Code:
    $links['<name-of-the-show>']['url']=	"http://".$_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'] .":8083/requests/scripts/iplayer_stream.php?pid=<pid-of-the-show>";
    $links['<name-of-the-show>']['type']="file";
    I mean obviously, this is the beginning and I (or someone else please help!) will be able to implement a built-in browser that will fetch the bbc page and parse all the links so that you can just browse to your favorite show rather than having to add a couple of lines of script every time! Exactly as it is done for the other feeds!

The iplayer_stream.php script can be used on its own to stream any show in VLC, just go open network stream, HTTP, then enter the http:// address where you have uploaded the script, this could be useful as I think the iplayer website is still not working on some OS... also, people having relatives in Germany (for example Hidden Content ) could upload the script on a UK server and by-pass the IP-geo restrictions of the BBC (I guess - I haven't tried!).
    The quality of the stream is OK on my telly, fast forwarding 5 or 10 minutes work great! The only problem I found so far is that it doesn't play shows that are 1 hour (or more) long. I have no idea why since it's working fine in VLC directly. So try little britain or torchwood to start with!
    You need to restart apache after enabling curl in PHP.
    One more thing, it stopped all a sudden to work for no reasons... couldn't understand why but rebooting my PC fixed the problem (restarting apache didn't do the job!)

Right, I need to do some work now Hidden Content ! Let me know if you have any problems running this!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Nice Work Freddy,

I am spreading the word on other Forums and everybody should feel free to do the same ;-)

I also posted on the Tuxbox Forum and once my FTP access to my hosted site works again will also provide a permanent Link.

PT-1

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks for offering the hosting! I just noticed that in the Tuxbox board, you've put the link with only the iplay_stream.php file that I uploaded on Strawp's blog. They will need BBC-iPlayer.php as well that was only uploaded here! I made a yousendit link including both files, Hidden Content - you might want to add/amend your post Hidden Content
    I'd probably need to register on the Tuxbox forum as well, but since my total failure with the XBMC forum registration, I don't know if I can Hidden Content !

Post Thanks
    Chats

this has been uploaded now Hidden Content

sorry pt-1 m8 ftp should be fine now Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Cool Guys,

@Freddy

Have you not got another Email addy that you could use ?

XBMC is really looking for coders for the new 1 gui for all Backends.

@NJ

THX Mate ;-)

Post Thanks
    Chats

I used another address and it seems to be fine now.

Here's a new script for browsing the BBC website (iplayer_streamer.php stays as it is!), it can browse the last 7 days, categories, A to Z and channels... I didn't implement the paging yet or the morning/afternoon/evening tabs. Just drop this in the scripts folder.

I made a mistake in my earlier post, the php.ini file you need to modify is under the xampplite/apache/bin folder... I realised that when I upgraded to version 0.2 of Haehnchen and had to enable curl again.

Speaking of which, I notice a problem using Haehnchen new caching function, it outputs some random strings in between the cached HTML... so the script is using the old cacheurl function for now.

Can post in English on the tuxbox forum? I'd quite like to discuss this with him!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Let's get this rollin then ...

Download the latest (06.04.2008) Version from: Hidden Content

After downloading (12mb) install into C: and you should have a xampplite directory in C:\

Then make sure you have got the latest VLC Version 0.8.6f from here: Hidden Content

Install if not already installed

Then click on Start, then on Run and type CMD and hit enter.

after this type cd C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC and hit enter

then vlc.exe -I ntservice --ntservice-install --ntservice-options "--sout-transcode-fps 25.0000" --ntservice-extraintf "http" and hit enter

Above will always load VLC On Startup of the PC.

After you set everything and rebooted the PC you will need to start the Apache Server via:

Click on Start
    Click on Run
    type C:\xampplite\apache_start.bat and hit enter

Of course you can browse to it in Explorer or even add a shortcut to the start up menu to have it run all the Time when the PC is restarted.

You will need to start the Server before you are able to Browse the Content via the VLC Option !

To test above type http:\\127.0.0.1:8080 and the VLC Control should show up

Downloaded from above FreddyPost and overwrite the old file in here: C:\xampplite\htdocs\requests\scripts

Reboot the PC after this

Then set the Dbox:

Hidden Content

And then Play

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

You will end up in an empty Folder and get an error

Press Home

Press Blue

Press on the Top (..)

Hidden Content

Enjoy Browsing
    Last edited by pt-1; 19-04-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Updated Post with more Info

Post Thanks
    Chats

@Freddy

iPLayer is only Buffering

Everything else works ..?

Any Hints?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Yes, unfortunately, I noticed since version 0.3 (me think, maybe it wasn't working properly before either!) that the whole thing is now hit and miss... basically, I thought that programs that were working for sure were less than 1 hour long: that's why I was telling people to try Little Britain for example... but now it seems that even Little Britain is sometimes working and sometimes not!

It's very strange since using the debug link (double click AdminDebug-Interface under the xampplite folder) works every single time regardless of the length!

However, I know that some of the websites had problems before (like youtube not having sound) an you can notice that this ws fixed in /htdocs/requests/status.xml by replacing some channels and bitrate settings... so my guess is that a similar problem is happening here... but still why one minute I can get Little Britain to play then can't the minute after... anyway, I still need to do more test and to post the tuxbox forum for advice.

Post Thanks
    Chats

@Freddy

ITV has been released

Hidden Content

UPDATE 18:24 Hidden Content
    Last edited by pt-1; 01-05-2008 at 06:24 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

ITV Catchup

@Voinage

Thanx and everybody else can also download Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Grrrr... really need to get my act together and see what's the problem with the BBC plugin (although thinks are looking brighter since VM implemented it!) and get the ITV one going!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by FreddyFr0g Hidden Content
    (although thinks are looking brighter since VM implemented it!) !
    Integrated what ..?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Virgin Media have implemented the iPlayer on legit boxes via the red button, so you can just go to a BBC channel, press the red buttons and choose iPlayer.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Maybe someone can use this info...

Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast