Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

freesat from sky

i currently have free sat from sky. is there anyway i can subscribe to extra channels on the card and sky set up i already have thus not having to be in a 12month contract?

Lost is back on soon and im not sure i can miss it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: freesat from sky

if you use the search button or look threw the threads you will know that sky is not hacked and there is no way that you can recieve channels that you are not subcribed to unless you join a card sharing club which is not easy to get in to! please stop posting crap and look threw the many threads that has already covered the subject! im pretty sure that there is a sticky somewere about it! but i take it you didin bother to read that either!
    Disclaimer!
    Everyone has the right of freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without inference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. Any information i supply you is solely for Educational purposes only and i can not be held responsible for anything you do with that information!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

i am not asking for a hack! I am not interested in card sharing!

I am asking if i can PAY for a sky subscription on my freesat card and already owned equipment so I dont have to enter a 12 month contract, maybe i didnt make this clear enough or you didnt read mypost properly!

Ok i didnt use the word pay in original post but i used the word subscribe
    Last edited by curtisuk; 02-02-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I would suggest phoning customer services and explain your situation, they may agree to waive the 12 month minimum as they are not supplying new kit - if they agree, ask them to confirm in writing and get the name and reference of the person on the phone in case they "forget" they offered you and deal.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks dont know why i didnt try that to start with, thought someone might have the info on here, they said only way is to be entered into a 12 month contract which im not interested in.

I cant see why they wont allow a month by month basis when you have your own equipment.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by curtisuk Hidden Content
    Thanks dont know why i didnt try that to start with, thought someone might have the info on here, they said only way is to be entered into a 12 month contract which im not interested in.

I cant see why they wont allow a month by month basis when you have your own equipment.
    You can pay month by month as long as you own the gear but you need to give them one month notice to cancel so i guess its like a mini two month contract, if that makes sence,
    D I S C L A I M E R; My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, for educational purposes or testing only. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. The user Timoweb is not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by curtisuk Hidden Content
    i am not asking for a hack! I am not interested in card sharing!

I am asking if i can PAY for a sky subscription on my freesat card and already owned equipment so I dont have to enter a 12 month contract, maybe i didnt make this clear enough or you didnt read mypost properly!

Ok i didnt use the word pay in original post but i used the word subscribe
    my apologies !! i misunderstood what it was you were asking!
    Disclaimer!
    Everyone has the right of freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without inference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. Any information i supply you is solely for Educational purposes only and i can not be held responsible for anything you do with that information!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Timoweb Hidden Content
    You can pay month by month as long as you own the gear but you need to give them one month notice to cancel so i guess its like a mini two month contract, if that makes sence,
    That would be just what im after, how would i go about this. Calling them up i get fobbed off with having to have a 12month contract, even after explaining i have all equipment set up etc

Hidden Content Originally Posted by kevdoc06 Hidden Content
    my apologies !! i misunderstood what it was you were asking!
    no worries, i probably could have been clearer in my question!
    Last edited by Magnu420; 03-02-2008 at 01:53 AM. Reason: use edit button when posting mins apart

Post Thanks
    Chats

just phone them up and explain the situation m8,they might need to send out a new card but not sure,if they say your in a 12 month contract and you get sick just cancel the direct debt they'll soon cut u off after 1 missed payment and cancel sub soon afterHidden Content
    PS3= krazylegz120282

DM500-C,DM500-S90cm Technomate dish,0.2Titanium lnb,diseqc1.2 motor,12 month ART card 1-6
    Hidden Content
    IF YOU FIND A POST USEFUL USE THE THANKS BUTTON NOT A NEW POST JUST TO SAY ITHidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Personally I stay away from Sky like the plague. Had nothing but trouble with them when i had it. Plus a little bad weather and your picture says bye bye.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Is freesat any better than freeview? I can just think of all the free channels being radio stations.

Post Thanks
    Chats

i'm stuck with sky, due to non cable area !

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by TopGun Hidden Content
    Is freesat any better than freeview? I can just think of all the free channels being radio stations.
    Its the only way of getting FTA HD channels at the moment.

HD freeview should start rolling out 2009. There will be 3 HD channels to start with a fourth to follow once analogue switch off has been completed. The BBC Trust has been gifted one, the other 3 will go to the highest bidder.

Worth pointing out people will need a new HD freeview box due to the change from MPEG-2 compression in DVB-T to MPEG-4 in DVB-T2.

Post Thanks
    Chats

And if one of OFCOM's suggestions goes through and all DTT is switched to MPEG4-T2, then all existing boxes and Integrated TV's will be obsolete.