Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Movieplayer solution

While looking for a good Movieplayer solution I came across this , works well for me , now I can play my AVI's to my Dreamno problem

I've been playing with my Dreambox DM-7025 and found a simple and elegant way to play any kind of movie (like mp4 and avi files) from my PC on my TV! And the quality is amazing!!

First do the following on the PC:

1. Make a shared directory 'DreamShare'
    (e.g. to 'D:\MyVideos\DreamShare')

2. Install the VideoLAN 'VLC mediaplayer' (version 0.8.6)
    Download it here: Hidden Content

3. Place a new bat-file (e.g. 'makestream.bat') on your desktop with the following (this is one single command!):
    Code:
          "%ProgramFiles%\VideoLan\VLC\vlc" -vvv %1 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=3072,scale=1,acodec=mp2a,ab=192,channels=2}

:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="D:\MyVideos\DreamShare\stream.ts
          "}}
    4. Drag and drop some playable video file (e.g. 'myvideo.avi') on this bat-file!!!

VLC mediaplayer should start now and start encoding the file 'stream.ts' in the shared directory. It may take some time to encode but as long as it encodes fast enough you can play it immediately!

On the DM-7025 do the following:

1. Use the 'Automount editor' in the Gemini blue-panel and mount the shared directory:
    quote:
    Mountpoint : DreamShare
    Type : cifs
    Options : ro,nolock
    Server : <ip-address-of-your-pc> (e.g. 192.168.123.151)
    Share : /DreamShare

After making the mount, check if it is created by checking the 'media player'. You could play stream.ts from here, but I decided the movie player is easier to use.

2. To use the movie player do the following:
    If the file 'stream.ts' exists in the share directory exists start a telnet session to your dreambox and type:
    quote:
    cd /hdd/movie
    ln /automount/DreamShare/stream.ts stream.ts

If all went well, open the 'Movie list' on your DM-7025 and scroll to the bottom. There you find '/hdd/movie/stream.ts'!! smile
    You can play this like any movie. So stop it and continue later at the same time etc. cool

So next time you want to view a file from your PC on your Dreambox just drag the file on the 'makestream.bat' and immediately you can start playing '/hdd/movie/stream.ts' like any recorded movie!

Cheers.

---
    ps. VideoLAN is an incredibly powerfull tool!! I even managed to stream live internet streams to my dreambox this way!
    This Thread will help you understand the way this forum works Hidden Content
    This link will tell you all you need to know Hidden Content
    And if your still stuck use this link The following will answer all your questions Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Movieplayer solution

The other cool thing about using this , is you end up with a converted TS file to use again.....Hidden Content
    This Thread will help you understand the way this forum works Hidden Content
    This link will tell you all you need to know Hidden Content
    And if your still stuck use this link The following will answer all your questions Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

I have a 7020s and am trying to follow your instructions but I am unsure about the 3rd part (Place a new bat-file (e.g. 'makestream.bat') on your desktop with the following (this is one single command!):

Code:
    "%ProgramFiles%\VideoLan\VLC\vlc" -vvv %1 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=3072,scale=1,acode c=mp2a,ab=192,channels=2}
    :duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="D:\MyVi deos\DreamShare\stream.ts
    "}}
    exactly what do I have to do as I am no computer expert please.Thanx in advance.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by pockets123 Hidden Content
    I have a 7020s and am trying to follow your instructions but I am unsure about the 3rd part (Place a new bat-file (e.g. 'makestream.bat') on your desktop with the following (this is one single command!):

Code:
    "%ProgramFiles%\VideoLan\VLC\vlc" -vvv %1 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=3072,scale=1,acode c=mp2a,ab=192,channels=2}
    :duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="D:\MyVi deos\DreamShare\stream.ts
    "}}
    exactly what do I have to do as I am no computer expert please.Thanx in advance.
    1. Right click on your desktop, New, Text File
    2. Name that file "makestream.bat"
    3. Open this file in notepad
    4. Copy this command and paste it in the file
    5. Save & exit.

Hope that helps.
    Best regards,
    pande_monium

Post Thanks
    Chats

nice one i will try this tommorow Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

i've been using vlc to play avi's on my dbox for a while now, but never thought of having it save to a TS file. I suppose this is the best option if you watch your films lots and have lots of harddrive space.