Ok here is something that i think a lot of starview owners should see, its a picture tut of the clone boxes and how to tell if you have one or not.
Also be warned that a lot of traders and the likes, sold and still selling such boxes and they are puting them into a geniune box, but the receiver is still a clone.
If by any chance you bought your box say about 6/7 months ago them the chances are that you have a first gen box and might be ok, i quote might be ok as there is no real guarentee.
I have personaly got many boxes myself and i have also blowen or bricked such a box last night, so i can tell its a big chance that we all take in way of useing such boxes but if you have a clone you can still use it by way of inputing the codes in manualy, and there in still have a working box till a file is done that makes them AU.
Reason i say this is because ther talk on the net is that all new software that is and will be released will only be for geniune boxes, and the all new "THE BOX" which is out now, but dont panic just use the update keys via remote and you will have a working box.
Here is a few pics showing the clone and original, they are not of my own making but are on the net and as far as i know they are the right pics ect as i have tryed some and two boxes worked and one got bricked so please be warned this tut and pic info is here for yous to make your own minds up to which reciever you might have, and its down to you if you decided to flash your reciver with the new 300 flash.
If it bricks it then i`m sorry but you have been warned, and best way to be safe is not flash it if you think you have a clone, and just put the codes in manualy. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
The last picture showen, i have 2 boxes that look like this in every way, and they are at least 7 months old and they flashed and worked with the new flash but one that was 5 months old never took the flash and its now bricked, but its a chance i was will to take to try prove to members that it will kill a box if a clone, so please note it will kill a clone, as i have killed a box with it, so save yourself the hassel if you are not sure and dont flash it.

Next is another way of telling which is the remote, but as i have both recivers, i can tell you that the both remotes will work with each other reciever.

Hidden Content
Hidden Content

And yet another give away to weather you have a clone or original is the user guide booklet as showen here.

Hidden Content

Hopefully this tut will help fellow members here on WOD to work out if they have a clone or a original.
This is what this tut and info post is all about, its to try help fellow members work out what they have, and then choose if they will be ok to flash the box with the new file or not.
I suggest that if your in doubt then dont flash it, like the old saying, if its still working then dont try fixing it and leave it well alone, as a file might be made for the clones as like has been made for the originals.
Time will only tell.

Dr X