Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Do I need a CAM thingy

I have a Panasonic TH37PX60 37" Plasma Television and I am considering subscribing to Setanta can anyone tell me if I need a CAM? The slot looks as if it takes a credit card size card any help appreciated.
    Thank you

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Do I need a CAM thingy

I think you just have to phone them up and they will send you out a card mate

Correct me if im wrong

Mick

Post Thanks
    Chats

you are wrong. you press the red button and it gives you a unique 4 digit number. then you phone them up and they give you a 7 digit number to enter and the footy comes on.This cost you money.No cam required.

Post Thanks
    Chats

You will need a CAM however Setanta will supply you one at a cost of around ?30.

eetnas you can no longer access Setanta the way you described.

Post Thanks
    Chats

eetnas where have you been mate. Do as me and daniel said, fone them up and you'll be sorted

All the best

Mick

Post Thanks
    Chats

My cheap Techwood 32" LCD has two slots for CAMs. Each slot has two rows of pins, and looks like (but isn't) a socket for a Cardbus card (laptop upgrade card).

If your TV has a slot that is as thin as a credit card, then that is where the Conditional Interface card goes, and you don't need a separate Conditional Access Module.

Edit:
    There are different types of CAM, used in different countries with different broadcasting formats. If your TV has several language options for its menus, the same model is designed to be sold in numerous countries. Chances are, this means it won't limit itself to just one country's CAM, but will provide a socket for any type: from which it follows that you have to buy the CAM yourself, as well as the CI card.
    Last edited by evilclive; 15-03-2007 at 08:15 PM.