Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

new dbox dont work

hi guys got a new dbox nokia from germany today, plugged in it comes up with sporstster loading 1.7 +uk05 then says starting nutrino and then switches off any ideas. i have tried to flash it with comando 6 but cant work that out either. any help much appriciated.
    nige

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: new dbox dont work

Read and check you have done all this
    Hidden Content
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

And have a good read of this Hidden Content
    D I S C L A I M E R; My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, for educational purposes or testing only. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. The user Timoweb is not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

i cant seem to talk to my other box either is the a network setting i need to change. sorry guys

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by zx636rider Hidden Content
    i cant seem to talk to my other box either is the a network setting i need to change. sorry guys
    Yes it will be, try with a null modem cable.
    D I S C L A I M E R; My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, for educational purposes or testing only. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. The user Timoweb is not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

ok i have tried every thing mentioned and i dont geet any response from the box. does it sound like i have a faulty box as it switches off after the nutreno message,
    thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

ok i have tried every thing mentioned and i dont geet any response from the box. does it sound like i have a faulty box as it switches off after the nutreno message,
    thanks
    Can you post your bootlog?

Post Thanks
    Chats

i am soory but where do i get that. i cant talk to the box flash fxp or any of the other software. thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

listen pal do some reading we are willing to help but wont spoon feed

read the rules read the stickies read pt-1's help file

Post Thanks
    Chats

ok i had read all that. but nothing seemed to be guiding me to whats wrong. i will go back and read it again. sorry i thaught i was asking in the right place

Post Thanks
    Chats

Talking Re: new dbox dont work

I have a number of very useful files for setting up and flashing a DBOX2 that I got through google search. If you send me a pm I will mail them through to you. or just search on web for dbox2.rar and unpack the folder it contains most of the need to know stuff on Dbox.

Post Thanks
    Chats

i woul do but am unable to send PM. i will google it. thanks for the offer.

Post Thanks
    Chats

i woul do but am unable to send PM. i will google it. thanks for the offer.
    Are you attempting to re-flash with a null modem cable and crossover ethernet cable?

I had a problem earlier in the week with a box with a Polish image on it. Spent ages using IFA, null modem cable and crossover, the box would just not read the image (but I was getting output in the terminal window, so it was definitly connected).

I was actually using a crossover cable connected to a normal network cable (using a small box adapter to join them together). After about three hours of messing around, I took a closer look at the network cable, it was not connected up fully inside (if that makes sense). Replaced it with a different cable, and managed to re-flash fine.

The network cable worked fine though for connecting machines to the network, just not for reflashing.

Post Thanks
    Chats

have the same problem with pm sorry thought that pm's were allowed immediate. anyway here is a good link to follow for download and uploading info for others
    Hidden Content

hope this is of some help
    Last edited by fergalsworld; 08-02-2007 at 06:17 PM. Reason: All whats needed is on this forum.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    thanks managed to flash the box with commando 6 this afternoon i now have most of the fta and some of the sly ones but sports 123 and movies except 9 10 dont work. dones any one have any ideass please. thanks for all help.

just notice the nagra roms are disabled and when i make them active nuetrino reboots and then they go back to disabled. i am stumped now as my other box shows the active. sorry i am trying to learn
    Last edited by fergalsworld; 08-02-2007 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Use the edit button

Post Thanks
    Chats

thanks managed to flash the box with commando 6 this afternoon i now have most of the fta and some of the sly ones but sports 123 and movies except 9 10 dont work. dones any one have any ideass please. thanks for all help.
    just notice the nagra roms are disabled and when i make them active nuetrino reboots and then they go back to disabled. i am stumped now as my other box shows the active. sorry i am trying to learn
    If both boxes have the same amount of flash chips both 2x or both 1x
    back the image up to the /tmp folder on the working box and transfer it to your pc then transfer it to the non working box and flash it they will both be the exactly the same then.
    Guide here
    Hidden Content
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

thanks very much it worked a treat. i have learned lots today. cheers

Post Thanks
    Chats

do you need to hook up the crossover and null modem cable???

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by DBOX2HELP Hidden Content
    do you need to hook up the crossover and null modem cable???
    have you even read the help files?????