Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Steep stairs

Post Thanks
    Chats

Steep stairs

Hi
    I need advice on installing new stairs. My stairs are straight up but very steep, I want to get someone in to remove old stairs supply new and installand repair any plasterwork etc. How much on average should all this work cost ? Also is it possible to diy.

Thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Steep stairs

if you replace the stairs, you must ensure all work is carried out in accordance with building regulations.

you say they are steep at the moment, well the maximum pitch for a stair flight is 42 degrees. you might have to consider winders to get down to the 42 degrees you need.

to answer your question is very difficult without knowing the rise and go and also the layout in which you have to install your stairs, possible landings etc.

rise is the distance from floor to floor vertically and go is the total distance from top step to bottom step horizontally

Post Thanks
    Chats

Everything WithNail Said is correct, you can put a price on it without knowing the dimensions.

I would only reccomend DIY'ing it if you know what you are doing otherwise phone someone in

Mick

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks for replies, i`l check the measurements and post and see if I can get any ideas on price then decide from there.

Thanks