Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Poll: Which ones best

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Best forum software/Forum

For those that have used as a member,moderator or admin which one do you think is best. The only ones I've not used as an admin are YABB and Vbulletin so I can't comment on them although I have heard some bad storys regarding YABB. I have to say from what I've used PHPBB has to be the worst and the best which happens to be free is SMF Hidden Content
    Last edited by Shipoftheline; 20-12-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Best forum software/Forum

I've been an Admin on invisions boards, phpbb boards, vbulletin boards and a few others. For whatever reason I really like phpbb over vbulleting. Probably because it's free, although I have not used it in years so I have no idea what it is like now(i've heard it's quite an admins nightmare)

The main thing I liked about phpbb is even though it was bloated, the admin interface was nice and easy to use whereas the vbulleting interface is just huge and ugly. Although vbulletin is quite a nice board if you have the cash to fork out for a license.

In all honesty, through using all the main different kinds of bulletin board software the one I have came to like best is punbb.org

It's simple, light and very easy to admin. If you have the time then you should definitely check it out.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Best forum software/Forum

as a user, i much prefer phpbb. maybe mostly for the familiarity, as all of my favourite boards use it, but i do like the way it works and there are plenty of useful mods available.

getting on fine with this board so far tho Hidden Content