PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii Console + Wii Sports (White)

Shipoftheline
16-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes I just recieved thsi email this morning. Its a little more than we thought but I think we can blame Sony for lack of competition for that

our price: £179.99 Delivered
availability: Due for release on 08/12/2006

Special Features

All pre-orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis, subject to availability. One per customer.
Includes:
White Wii Console
Wii Remote
Wii Nunchunk
Wii Sports
The Specs: Wii boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi capability. A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory. Design was optimized with state-of-the-art processing technologies that minimize power consumption, keep the console compact and enable the "sleepless" WiiConnect24 mode.
CPU: PowerPC CPU (code-named "Broadway"). Made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, jointly developed with and manufactured by IBM.
Graphics Processing Unit: Being developed with ATI.
Other Features: Four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers. Two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards. An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.

Review

Approximately the size of three stacked DVD cases, Wii's elegant design makes it an inviting addition to your entertainment setup without monopolizing it. Thanks to the Wii Remote, you're given more freedom to place the console where it best suits your lifestyle.
Controls: Intuitive control for anyone using the physical motion of the main Wii Remote, which resembles a television remote control. Up to four Wii Remotes can be connected at once using wireless Bluetooth technology. The wireless signal can be detected within 10 meters of the console. Both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers include a three-axis motion sensor. The Wii Remote also includes a speaker, rumble feature and expansion port, and can be used as a pointer within 5 meters of the screen. The Wii Remote has a power switch, plus pad, A, B, Minus, Home, 1 and 2 buttons. The Nunchuk controller includes an analog control stick and C and Z buttons.
Media: A single self-loading media bay will play single- or double-layered 12-centimeter optical discs for Wii, as well as 8-centimeter Nintendo GameCube discs.
Communication: Wii can communicate with the Internet even when the power is turned off. This WiiConnect24 service delivers a new surprise or game update, even if users do not play with Wii. Users can connect wirelessly using IEEE 802.11b/g, or with a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor. Wii also can communicate wirelessly with Nintendo DS.
Virtual Console: Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favourite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=mcpotw&page=title&r=WII&title=1032617&source=9316

trinitys_mate
17-09-2006, 08:44 PM
YIPPEE!! the final countdown can realy begin now. it just happens that i was given £180 for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. So that has gone straight to the back of my draw now, and come christmas what will i be asking for? GAMES, GAMES and more GAMES!