PDA

View Full Version : Loss of signal / quality

Jango
06-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Like most that I've read in the earliers posts we have been pleased with the great quality that you get with a DAB radio - actually I was impressed. This all happened around the Christmas time, but in the last 6 - 7 weeks I've noticed that over 70% of the stations either struggle to tune or have a bad reception, so bad that you can't use them....one or two have been the same as normal. I accepted this until I overheard a conversation in our office with somebody who lives within a mile of me that is having the same problem and in the same time frame - only 6 - 7 weeks ago, in fact she has reverted back to FM.

I live in the Cheshire / Merseyside area, is anybody else aware of similar problems and why this may have happened. Like I said some stations are still perfect and crystal clear, so I don't think it's my kit.

Thanks Jango

dx100-uk
06-06-2008, 01:49 PM
i would guess the local DAB QAms are on low power.
cant quickly find the URL
but there is a site like [or even maybe] the bbc transmitter service site , that details the current eng works or service limitations going on.

i'd be inclinded to find a site the gives you the tramsmitter statue info before you start adjusting things your way.

dx

pande_monium
12-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Like most that I've read in the earliers posts we have been pleased with the great quality that you get with a DAB radio - actually I was impressed. This all happened around the Christmas time, but in the last 6 - 7 weeks I've noticed that over 70% of the stations either struggle to tune or have a bad reception, so bad that you can't use them....one or two have been the same as normal. I accepted this until I overheard a conversation in our office with somebody who lives within a mile of me that is having the same problem and in the same time frame - only 6 - 7 weeks ago, in fact she has reverted back to FM.

I live in the Cheshire / Merseyside area, is anybody else aware of similar problems and why this may have happened. Like I said some stations are still perfect and crystal clear, so I don't think it's my kit.

Thanks Jango

Tried to tune in a couple of weekends back myself and couldn't find any channels. Did a search and could only pick up 3-4 channels.

I've got a signal amplifier and its turned all the way up... but still no channels. Dunno what's going on and didn't bother looking it up as I had too much going on. Appreciate you bringing this up.

Jango
13-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Maybe it's another one of the betamax, HD, Blueray, LP, CD, things going on again, just as you think you have made the right switch to a new technology (well newish) then they decide to pull the plug.

pande_monium
17-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Maybe it's another one of the betamax, HD, Blueray, LP, CD, things going on again, just as you think you have made the right switch to a new technology (well newish) then they decide to pull the plug.

Oh there's a better version of DAB already on the way which will be able to stream a hell of a lot more information than just music. In the UK, as is usual, we're getting the crappiest DAB available.

BTW - the channales are back. No clue as to why they'd gone.