PDA

View Full Version : Lg Tv

haz1
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I have a LG tv every now and then it goes into standby mode for no reason
can anyone help and explain what the problem might be

time2rest
11-01-2008, 02:12 AM
My TV is sharp. If I do not touch any key on remote after a long period of time, it goes to standby. Perhaps Lg is same as sharp. I get a countdown message before it goes to standby. Do you get similar warning?

dx100-uk
11-01-2008, 02:24 AM
well if you are getting a standby countdown , then thats to do with the no signal timeout.
i will guess you ae watching on scart without a tv aerial connected to the UHF socket.
if you can find the menu option then kill it, if not give it a uhf signal and do a channel scan.

as for the LG,it will undoubtedly be a power supply problem, [if it is giving no warning.]
how old is it? if its more than a yr then i'd be inclined to make its airvents have an argueement with a vacuum cleaner, typical, dust and fluff around the PSU board causes this.

it might also be an idea to use a search engine with the same question, that will throw up any known faults

dx100uk

nj2006
11-01-2008, 10:51 AM
the lg uses a philips panel and if you meen you have to turn it off on the wall for 4 min before it will turn back on get it back to the shop as this was an issue with software on the philips tv. (yes i know it says lg on the front but its a phillips really)